iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

WOW!

Started by Furby, April 05, 2004, 02:10:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Furby

I just got back from picking up my new saw in Lansing.
Just to try it out I knocked over a rotted stump in the front yard.
WOW! It feels GREAT to have a "Big Boy" toy!  ;D
Man, this sucker can cut! ;D

redpowerd

rotten wood? ???
go try some solid wood :D ;D ;)
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

Mark M

So then Furby, what kind didya get?

Jeff

Furby, just think how well it will work once you learn how to start it. ;)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Furby

:D :D :D :D :D :D
Good wood is next on my list!  ;)
It starts pretty easy, if you know how.  ;) ;)
I had my kid brother give it a try, showed him everything, except the compression switch.  ;) ;D :D

Mark,
I got a used husky 3120, with a 20" and a 72" bar.
Now I just need to get the frame made, and I'm going to make some cherry slabs!!!  ;D

oldsaw-addict

Quoteauthor=Furby link=board=chainsaws;num=1081195836;start=0#4 date=04/05/04 at 20:58:39] :D :D :D :D :D :D
I had my kid brother give it a try, showed him everything, except the compression switch.  ;) ;D :D

Thats not nice :D :D  I guess if he's got enough muscle though it doesnt really make too big of a difference. I can handle a chop saw that has 190LBS of compression in the thing without much problem and it doesnt even HAVE a decomp valve, so I guess the trick is to have the extra muscle in the arms to be able to pull the rope. :)
Let there be saws for all mankind!

redpowerd

i just installed a recoil on my 420 IH :D
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD

Furby

QuoteThats not nice :D :D  I guess if he's got enough muscle though it doesnt really make too big of a difference. I can handle a chop saw that has 190LBS of compression in the thing without much problem and it doesnt even HAVE a decomp valve, so I guess the trick is to have the extra muscle in the arms to be able to pull the rope. :)

Yeah, I know, but I HAD to!  ;D
The cool thing is, he seems to have a little bit of interest in this stuff. He will be giving me a hand when I start slabbing, at least until he sees how hard it is.  :D

Sat. I took him over and showed him how to change oil in the car, and how to check the brakes, and berings and stuff. He said I need to wait a year or so until he got a car. I told him he needed to learn how to fix things before hand. That way when his car broke down in the middle of the night along the highway, 100 miles from home, he wouldn't have to call me!!!!  ;D  ;) ;)

oldsaw-addict

QuoteSat. I took him over and showed him how to change oil in the car, and how to check the brakes, and berings and stuff. He said I need to wait a year or so until he got a car. I told him he needed to learn how to fix things before hand. That way when his car broke down in the middle of the night along the highway, 100 miles from home, he wouldn't have to call me!!!!  ;D  ;) ;)

I know how that goes, people are ALWAYS askin me to fix this or that, I keep telling them I have a job to do with the saw somewhere. one of these days I'm just gonna change my number and only give it to the ones I trust.
I learned how to fix things when I started as a helper for my dad at about 3 or 4 years old. He sure did do a great job teaching me to fix cars, then I learned on my own how to fix chainsaws when I was about 10 and my dad was no longer around, I never learned anything that I didnt use somehow. the best time to learn is when you're young, then youre 10x less likely to forget how to do it. I know the way through jsut about anything that has pistons in it, If it has an engine, I can probably fix it, if I cant well, its either not repairable or it has something to do with trannys which I dont work on, for whatever reason I could never understand how a tranny worked. I learned how an engine runs, I learned how to fix engines how to kill em' how to not kill em' I even learned how to shut one off with out touchin the ignition system, but for whatever reason I never learned to fix gearboxes.
thats a toughie, I guess it just never interested me.
Let there be saws for all mankind!

oldsaw

it's cutting wood?

I've got a 20" on order for my 066, and I thought that was gonna be a gutsy little package.  Now I feel like a sissy.

72"!!!!  Dang, I was pretty stoked with a 36.

Have fun, be safe, make some sawdust.

So many trees, so little money, even less time.

Stihl 066, Husky 262, Husky 350 (warmed over), Homelite Super XL, Homelite 150A

Mark M

72" - DanG, that's a foot-long hotdog!

redpowerd

measley, you can fit that on a walmart grill

man,fladh
i think there was a post on grillin on here
think it had somthing to do with pigs, or cows, goats?

shees, get this JD off my keyboard,
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD

Thank You Sponsors!