iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

208 Timberjack ?

Started by Autocar, July 31, 2018, 10:08:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autocar

I am having trouble locally finding a wheel seal. It is a National seal number B370094BG anyone know where I can find one ? And my other question the four inch nut that holds the wheel on is a single nut no locking nut no washer ??? There is no key way in the axle so should that four inch nut be one that has the nylon at the ends of the nut that acts like a lock nut ? There is just enough threads on the axle to get one nut with full threads. My C-7 Treefarmer is still in limbo still waiting for the last seal and can't seem to come to a conclusion to what I need.
Bill

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

Autocar

Thanks Mike I will check it out.
Bill

bushmechanic

On the 208 there should be a pin sticking out of the wheel nut that fits into a hole in the back of the planetary gear. When you get the wheel nut torqued to spec then the gear will slide on over the axle spindle and you line up the pin in the nut with the hole in the gear, which locks the nut to the axle. When the planetary gears and cover are installed it is all locked into place. Not sure if I explained this good enough for you to understand but I hope it helps.

Autocar

I will look at the peace your talking about I couldn't figure out that roll pin but now understand what your saying  thanks Bushmechanic . I should wrap up my grapple skidder by this weekend and will get my seal and then maybe get back in the woods with the timberjack. It is so nice getting in and out off my C7 you about to need wings it is so high off the ground. 
Bill

Autocar

Just a little update on the timberjack. Been working out real good I pull my walnut tree length and the job I finished Thursday the swamp white oak averaged 1125 feet a tree so with them I cut the butt log at 21 feet and pulled a tree in two peaces. Which works out good my tri axle is set up best with tens anyway. Don't seem to mind setting chockers and alot easier to get in and out while my grapple skidder is so high off the ground. 
Bill

nativewolf

now you are breaking forum rules by not posting pictures of that Whiteoak.
Liking Walnut

barbender

Those Jacks really are nice to get in and out of. Folks don't realize how much of a difference it is if they haven't ran one. If you're running a cable machine by yourself, it's huge!
Too many irons in the fire

Autocar

I would like to post pictures but just don't  buckle down and learn come to think about it that was my problem when I was in school also  ;D I will be 71 in November and so far don't mind setting chockers and plan on logging as long as my health holds out retirement isn't in my vocabulary and I like to work.
Bill

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

bushmechanic

Great to hear that you have it working, those 208's are really nice little machines.

Thank You Sponsors!