iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Grandson

Started by Ernie, February 17, 2005, 11:33:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ernie

Jan and I just had a new grandson at 9 lb 14 oz  I will have him pulling lumber off the mill by the time he is 5.  Mum is a bit sore, my sister says it would be like delivering a concrete block.  Three hours after the birth (30 1/2 hours labour)  Mum said she wanted more.  These Kiwi girls sure are staunch!!!
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

DanG

Congrats to you and your family, Ernie! 8) 8) 8) (Hey, the little kickin' dude is back! 8) )  That's a hefty lad there.

Me & my Sweetie got 13 of the little buggers, ranging from 20, down to 4.5 months.  Quite a yard-full, come time for a cookout.  Love every minute of it!
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Ernie

Yeah, I started a bit too late in life but some of the kids aren't letting me down, we hope for a lot more and as it says in that famous prayer "Thy will be done"  so we are confident of a large brood.
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

Corley5

8) 8) 8) 8) 8)  Congrats!  I started a bit late too.  I'm 35 and Zach will be 3 in May.  Zach and I went to the barber today and Mike, the barber, made a comment about me going to his high school games and folks asking which kid was my grandchild ;) :D :D ;D ;D  It's amazing how soon the females of our species forget the pain of childbirth.  Not long after Zach was born by C-section after 15 hours of labor Dee said it wasn't that bad :o :o.  I about came unglued ;) >:( ;D.  I knew just exactly how bad it was.  Not bad........ ::) ::) ::)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Fla._Deadheader

Congrats Grandpappy, Ernie. Don't have any myself.  :(  Got some stepones, though. Not quite the same. These are about grown up.  My wife had prayed for some, but, no luck.  Congrats to the Parents.  8)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Bro. Noble

You grandpas really pith me off-------well not really,  but I do get awfully envious.  Congrats Earnie :)

I finally had a little talk with my son, so maybe I'll be able to join the grandpa ranks someday ;D

I've got lots of activities planned already for them to entertain me :D :D
milking and logging and sawing and milking

tnlogger

congrets ernie i've got 5 of them grandkids ruing around. they shore do brighten up
your day when there all here at once.
                                             gene
gene

MemphisLogger

Scott Banbury, Urban logger since 2002--Custom Woodworker since 1990. Running a Woodmizer LT-30, a flock of Huskies and a herd of Toy 4x4s Midtown Logging and Lumber Company at www.scottbanbury.com

sawguy21

Congratulations Ernie. Make sure he grows up loving the smell of fresh sawn wood. :D My nephew's wife just had her second  C-section. First grand niece to spoil rotten 8) Never will understand why women will go through that and and come back for more. Come to think of it, they do that a lot.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

fstedy

CONGRATULATIONS
                                  smiley_biggrin01
Timberking B-20   Retired and enjoying every minute of it.
Former occupations Electrical Lineman, Airline Pilot, Owner operator of Machine Shop, Slot Machine Technician and Sawmill Operator.
I know its a long story!!!

Tom

And they call them the "weaker" sex. :-\

If I were confronted with a task like thirty hours of labor followed by a birth, I'd get anoter job. :D :D

Congratulations on the Grandchild. Raise'em in sawdust and tote'n a shotgun.  Teach'em some humility and what's it's really like to live. They turn out OK. :D

Thank You Sponsors!