iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

tree farmer c4-5

Started by coxy, November 28, 2015, 07:51:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coxy

it has a 5cy  duetz in it wanted to know if a 453 will bolt in its place with out to much trouble    the duetz block is shot and the guy would like a Detroit  ??? ??? ??? ???

xalexjx

you would need a 353 to fit the radiator
Logging and Processed Firewood

lopet

What's the story behind ?  Is it yours and you want to sell it to somebody ?
As far as i know the C4's had a four cylinder deutz in it or a 353 detroit.  The C5's a five cylinder deutz or a 453 detroit.
I could honestly never figure out, why somebody would prefer a screamer over a air cooler ?  That's just me, please don't take this seriously !!!  ;D ;D
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

millcreek40

I would find another deutz or fix the one you have. C5s had a 353 or a 5cylinder deutz. I have a 353 in a 225d jack.  Great motor just get sick of the noise. Would like to switch mine to a deutz.
Two 240A Timberjacks, Mack log truck, Multitek 2040 wood processor.

BargeMonkey

Transplanting anything but a nice 4-BT/A would be a sin.  :D 

millcreek40

I haul logs for a man with a c5 with a deutz. Very quite machine. He sneaks up on me with it. I can hear the tire chains before I hear the machine. My 353 can be heard for over a mile on a nice cold morning. I can't wait to try out my new to me 540b. Nice & quite. Swintons are coming Monday to install a new Deere recon motor

coxy

its not mine   the deutz has a hole in the block half the size of a foot ball the guy wants to trade me  a 110 prentice log loader for the 453 the truck is junk but the loader is tight I have 2 other 110s there old but will lift anything you grab and I don't haul logs for a living so it will be on one of my landings to load trailers  just wanted to know how much work it was to put it in in place of the deutz    thanks

HiTech

A 4-53 might have a little too much juice for C-5. I think the Deutz was around 97hp and the Detroit somewhere around 140 hp, maybe more with a turbo? Some of the C-5's had small axle/planetary set ups and might not hold up to the extra power. Just sayin.

David-L

Never saw a 5 cyl duetz in a e series or older Jack.  I had one in a 225A and never measured but its a long engine. maybe with the rad gone but I think A's were longer in the nose to begin with. If I had a 90 hp Duetz that would not be a bad retro. I would  low Idle and pull the hitch and be amazed at the tourqe. Whats the deal on the bell housing #s. A Sisu deisel would be nice also. Have one in my Ag tractor and it;s a great motor.
In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

coxy

am I stupid  I never thought of the duetz not having a radiator  :D :D  must be old age setting in  :)

millcreek40

I know where there is a 208 timberjack with a 4cyd deutz in it.  There not that plenty fun but there out there

tj240

duetze motors are air cooled. if your guy has a c5 and wants a detriot, i have a friend that might still have the front frame for one. i think there is alot of modifcation to go from a duetze to a detroit. pm me then i will ask about it. i think he has a nose for either one.
work with my father[jwilly] and my son. we have a 240 tj 160 barko[old] works great three generations working together

dgdrls

Quote from: millcreek40 on November 30, 2015, 08:23:51 PM
I know where there is a 208 timberjack with a 4cyd deutz in it.  There not that plenty fun but there out there

I have to ask, is it still working??

Dan

millcreek40

It had a engine fire. I tried to buy it but they say there going to fix it. It's still sitting there. It's been a year

dgdrls

Nothing worse than machinery sitting unused,
hope it doesn't sit too long,

Wish I could justify an older 'jack 
I'm not there yet!

Dan

Thank You Sponsors!