iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Took my Son hog hunting

Started by Raider Bill, October 27, 2020, 08:24:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raider Bill

My little boy turned 40. :o :o :o Course he's 6'6" so not so little anymore.
For his birthday we went hog hunting. Neither of us had ever been. He carried a .270 that I bought for his b-day 10 years ago with which he shot his first deer with. I carried a Nikon to record the event.
He ended up getting 2 nice meat sized males.
We had a great time.
Life gets in the way so I cherish every minute I get to spend with him.
Love you Wild Bill!

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

WDH

Quite a pair, and I am not talking about hogs.......
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Sedgehammer

They be small enough they be good eatin yet. Just have to watch the glands. Best if you remove them the very first thing. 
Necessity is the engine of drive

samandothers

No resemblance there between father and son!  :D

Ron Wenrich

I thought you were talking about a Harley.   :D
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

bluthum

I love to see a father and offspring sharing hunting or fishing. In this case fire up the smoker and enjoy even more bonding.

Raider Bill

It's funny, My favorite pastime is riding. Don't bar hop much anymore mostly we take day trips or over nighters.

Anyway, as much as I'd love to ride with Billy I'm glad the bike bug never hit him. Here were we live the county has the densest population in Florida, traffic is brutal and everyday a bike goes down hard. Rarely does a week go by that we don't have multiple deaths in the area.
I'd be worried all the time if he rode.

I'm thinking for his 50th going shark fishing! :D

moosehunter

I have a lot of cherished memories of hunting with my dad. That looks like some good eating too!
mh
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

Walnut Beast

Raider Bill

My dad and I never did anything together except fight, each other.
It wasn't until his later years after he stopped drinking that we got talking with each other. It took my Sisters death to bring us together.

I cherish every time I get to be with Wild Bill, he's grown into being a great Son, Man and Father.

Al_Smith

For year and years my dad and I and often two brothers would make the trip to Colorado and hunt mule deer .It was about this time of the year .We always came back with a few .  

thecfarm

Quote from: Raider Bill on October 27, 2020, 03:07:46 PM
I cherish every time I get to be with Wild Bill, he's grown into being a great Son, Man and Father.
Must of had a good teacher.   ;)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

moodnacreek

This is as good as it gets. I am trying not to be jealous .

Magicman

Congratulations on enjoying a fun time together.

I took this picture the last time I saw you two together.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Raider Bill

Thanks Magic Man!

That was also the last time I saw those sun glasses. LOL

kantuckid

Quote from: Raider Bill on October 27, 2020, 02:06:45 PM
It's funny, My favorite pastime is riding. Don't bar hop much anymore mostly we take day trips or over nighters.

Anyway, as much as I'd love to ride with Billy I'm glad the bike bug never hit him. Here were we live the county has the densest population in Florida, traffic is brutal and everyday a bike goes down hard. Rarely does a week go by that we don't have multiple deaths in the area.
I'd be worried all the time if he rode.

I'm thinking for his 50th going shark fishing! :D
I've ridden MC's, now mostly a scooter, for nearly 60 years.  BTW, bar hopping and MC's don't mix well? ;D
None of our three adult sons ride MC's but one is an avid (freakishly so I'll a throw in as he often does hundred plus miles weekend rides on trails or highways) bicycle rider and one of the twins was a bicycle racer in college but has rugrats right now so bicycles are on hold. All ride for leisure though including me and my wife on mtn bikes.
What does the meat taste like in a young wild hog like the pics? Never been around it.  
I used to take my Vespa to FL in the winter to ride but stopped as the roads are too flat and the traffic is often nasty. We now limit our riding to our bicycles down there, at least before covid, yuk.
Kan=Kansas;tuck=Kentucky;kid=what I'm not

Raider Bill

He used to ride a bicycle ( high end) to work. Scared the crap out of me thinking of being on a pedal bike in this traffic. Think 6 lanes of traffic on a bicycle... At least a motorcycle has the HP to get out of the way sometimes.

No idea what the meat is going to be like. I'm sure someone here can answer that.

Both were males, one the biggest was a instant death the other he had to chase a bit. I'm sure that will effect the meat.

kantuckid

High end for my oldest means a bicycle that cost more than my Vespa 300 GTS :D
He lives in TX alone and goes on weekend rides. He'll tell his KY Momma and she follows him on SPOT. She frets over the times SPOT leaves her hanging then later it'll kick back in. 
Sure beats the crap out of watching TV to see what happened to who in Iraq though...
I went back to college at age 30 and rode a bicycle to class daily. Curvy two lane with a bookbag on my shoulder, no MC for a couple of years back then.
 Traffic doesn't respect bicycles what-so-ever! 
Kan=Kansas;tuck=Kentucky;kid=what I'm not

Silverfoxfintry

The noise and recoil from that .270 must be quite challenging. I have a Sound Moderator fitted to mine. It tames the recoil and makes quite a difference to the decibels.
Are you allowed moderators in the USA?
In GB they are treated as a separate item on your Firearms Certificate, but  
if you site "health and safety" (noise damage) on your application it is quite easy to get permission.
Nice pair of Hogs!
Take care.

Iain.

Raider Bill

Quote from: Silverfoxfintry on November 01, 2020, 04:15:32 PM
The noise and recoil from that .270 must be quite challenging. I have a Sound Moderator fitted to mine. It tames the recoil and makes quite a difference to the decibels.
if you site "health and safety" (noise damage) on your application it is quite easy to get permission.
Nice pair of Hogs!
Take care.

Iain.

Are you talking silencers?

I'm ok with the noise as long as I know he's going to shoot. Second hog was a surprise. Sitting right next to him it was a big surprise.

Old saw fixer

Quote from: Silverfoxfintry on November 01, 2020, 04:15:32 PM
Nice pair of Hogs!
Take care.

Iain.
Here we have to pass a background check and have to pay a $200.00 "tax".  When you get approval you can pick up your suppressor.  While I would like one, I refuse to jump through government hoops.  Some localities and state game departments refuse us the right to own one.
Stihl FG 2, 036 Pro, 017, HT 132, MS 261 C-M, MSA 140 C-B, MS 462 C-M, MS 201 T C-M
Echo CS-2511T, CS-3510
Logrite Cant Hook (with log stand), and Hookaroon

Thank You Sponsors!