iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

ABT's (Atomic Buffalo Turds)

Started by Norm, July 08, 2012, 04:28:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mesquite buckeye

I'll have to see if I can find you some. ;D  Bug me if I forget.
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Yoopersaw

Quote from: mesquite buckeye on August 18, 2013, 01:23:33 PM

Thank you.

Kansas

I used to have one in the window of the feed store that I worked at. Chiltipines are about the size of a pea, and hot.. As in real hot. Great flavor. When I was in Cancun several years ago, I wandered into a Mexico grocery store. Bought some chiltipine powder for seasoning. Great stuff to use. Just something about chili that it works so well in. I don't see why the powder wouldn't work in these.

mesquite buckeye

They are a bit warm. The great thing about them though is the flavor. The heat is variable, some are just hot, and some are screamers, but the heat is very fast and not long lasting. When used in cooking, if there is some sort of fat involved, the heat disperses and dissapates somewhat, so it takes more to get the same effect. The hottest is fresh or used dried and crumbled as a condiment probably second hottest. ;D Yee hah!!!! smiley_devil whiteflag_smiley digin_2 smiley_devil_trident
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Yoopersaw

Quote from: mesquite buckeye on August 18, 2013, 01:23:33 PM

I sent my address, but I'm not sure it went through.  Let me know if not.  Thanks.

mesquite buckeye

Don't forget to duck when they hit you. ;D

Bandmill Bandit

Quote from: mesquite buckeye on August 22, 2013, 12:02:19 PM
Don't forget to duck when they hit you. ;D

Woudn't you want to duck when see em coming?
Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

mesquite buckeye

Only can do that if you see it coming. ;D

Yoopersaw

It's going to be good. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

mesquite buckeye

Yoopersaw

I spent most of today doing ABT's.  Guess what I had for dinner? 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Yoopersaw

Wow, another day doing ABT's.  It's going to be a good winter. I can't seem to keep up, and I've giving away a bunch. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

mesquite buckeye

Bet you they will be even warmer next year. ;D :o 8) 8) 8) smiley_bat_morph teeter_totter smiley_devil smiley_devilish smiley_gossip smiley_bat_morph digin_2 smiley_deadheader alligator Violin_smiley smiley_devil_trident bat_smailey smiley_whip boxingsmiley

Yoopersaw

Quote from: mesquite buckeye on September 21, 2013, 05:37:44 PM
Bet you they will be even warmer next year. ;D :o 8) 8) 8) smiley_bat_morph teeter_totter smiley_devil smiley_devilish smiley_gossip smiley_bat_morph digin_2 smiley_deadheader alligator Violin_smiley smiley_devil_trident bat_smailey smiley_whip boxingsmiley

I'm counting on it. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Yoopersaw

Quote from: Yoopersaw on August 15, 2013, 05:26:09 PM
Quote from: mesquite buckeye on August 14, 2013, 07:35:29 PM
Might I suggest adding some chiltepines to the filling to warm it up a bit. A little mesquite fuel in the Weber wouldn't hurt either. ;D Looks yummy. 8) 8) 8) 8)

I've never heard of them; but, they sound like something that I need to try.

It's that time of year again with lot of hot ones to add to the mix.

Thank You Sponsors!