iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

straightening a tree out

Started by edward johnson, April 14, 2018, 12:29:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

edward johnson

I have a 14 foot or so walnut tree that is shaded by a lilac bush.  The tree is leaning out searching for light.  I trimmed the bush and tied splints to the tree.  This helped a little.  Any suggestions to achieve better results?

mike_belben

Thread two eye bolts into your splints or make a collar up a ways that can anchor snooth fence wire without harming the tree.  Run a strand up from a ground stake, through the loop and back to the stake.  I suggest two of these at 45* to the lean to create a tensioning bipod. 

Now anchor the ends of the wire to their respective ground stakes, pop a stick between the lines and rotate it, causing these guy wires to twist together and shorten.  You have a constantly variable screw type winch.  This is how fence post corners are cross braced in the south.  Leftover scraps of barbwire and a twisting stick between em. 
Praise The Lord

edward johnson

thanks i think ill try it with three stakes.  Tri pod.

mike_belben

Sure, you can use as many as it takes and they can be at different heights as needed to straighten out a bow too.  The turnbuckle sticks will let you dial it all in just right. 

Let us know how it turns out.
Praise The Lord

Thank You Sponsors!