iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Handlebar hose

Started by ramv102000, December 07, 2013, 02:31:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramv102000

OK, there must be a trick to this . Bought a new piece of Stihl handlebar hose but can't figure out how to even get it started over the bar , then work it all around. HELP
Randy

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

ramv102000

Randy

beenthere

Dealer have any suggestions when you picked it up?

Seems I used some detergent, and suspect it was LOC from Amway at the time.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

ramv102000

bought off ebay, warmed it up with a blow dryer and got it started, about 2 " worked on so far. Looks like it 's gonna take awhile.
Randy

sablatnic

I use an air hose, and blow air in under the edge of the handle hose. The air reduces the friction enough to make it possible to slide it on.
To be honest, I haven't tried the trick on a Stihl handle, but it does work on lawnmower handles.

Good luck!

Al_Smith

Go to an electrical supply house and get a little bottle of "poly water " wire pulling compound which is jellied water ,industrial strength KY jelly .Friction coefficient of about zero .It's water,it evaporates .

JJ

If it is anything like mountain bike handgrips, the bike shops use hairspray.
Soak it, so it slips on, and then it drys locking the grip in place.

JJ

AdkStihl

Quote from: JJ on December 07, 2013, 08:07:15 PM
If it is anything like mountain bike handgrips, the bike shops use hairspray.
Soak it, so it slips on, and then it drys locking the grip in place.

JJ

Yup, used to do that on my BMX and then later on the MotoX. Although we found that plain old black spray paint worked extremely well too!!

Maybe try to put it in a sink of HOT water for a few mins?
J.Miller Photography

sharkey

That Stihl handlebar hose is really hard to work with.  If you put oil under it, then its always there once you get it on and it twists.  Your best bet is to use an air line with a tubeless tire valve that will fit into the end of the hose.  Better yet is the shrink wrap kind that is a lot easier on you. 

Thank You Sponsors!