iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

timber framers gathering in the southeast

Started by Jim_Rogers, August 18, 2009, 08:29:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Rogers

A good friend and fellow timber framer has asked me to announce their gathering at their shop, this coming September. Here is an email he has sent me with the details.

Jim
Hope you are doing good this summer.  We are having a meeting for all of the timber framers in the southeast, whether they are in the guild or not.  It is at our shop in Monroe, Georgia on Saturday, September 26th.
There will be an axe-throwing competition, a chainsaw demonstration (sharpening/cutting joinery), a barbecue dinner, and some other fun things.  Everyone is encouraged to bring 10 photos of their timber framing projects for the slideshow that evening.  It will be casual and laid back, and the goal is to develop regional networking and general cameraderie. 
There is no charge, but folks should plan to bring a side dish, their beverage of choice and a chair.  There are local motels, or folks can camp in the yard behind the shop.
Folks are welcome to bring hand tools to swap if they like.
We do require an RSVP so we can know how many to prepare for.
RSVP and more info at info at holderbros dot com.  (I spell it that way on forums so the Internet crawlers won't find it and send me junk email.)

I am telling you all of this because I'd like to open the invite up to the Forestry Forum folks.  Please pass this info along and tell them they are welcome to come.  This is a Guild event but it is open to members and non-members alike.  I considered posting it there myself, but decided that since I don't post on there, it would get more attention coming from you.
Thanks Jim.

--

Whit Holder

Holder Bros. Timber Frames

I won't be able to attend this event, but I would encourage all who are interested in learning about timber framing, or who are timber framers to get together with this group of fine southern gentlemen and have a good time......
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Jayson

I will be there with a few in tow. Looking forward to it. Carpool for W NC?

ljmathias

Man, I wish I could attend- love to meet others in the SE involved in this type of building.  Problem is, our church is working with others in the area to stick builts for Habitat for Humanity that weekend and I'll be running ragged trying to help with a couple areas.  We're aiming to raise 5 houses in a long weekend...

Lj
LT40, Long tractor with FEL and backhoe, lots of TF tools, beautiful wife of 50 years plus 4 kids, 5 grandsons AND TWO GRANDDAUGHTERS all healthy plus too many ideas and plans and not enough time and energy

Thank You Sponsors!