iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

LT15 START..Idle side track running off the rail

Started by CSoignet, March 11, 2018, 09:27:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CSoignet

just bought a new LT15 START...

The idle side track bearing is running off the bed rail? I can put a wedge between the head slide guide and it stays on. ..this isn't the fix. just that the pressure against the mast will keep it on track. .any adjustments I need to know about. 

I saw the following post on another thread
"I did see one bearing installed incorrectly from the factory. All you need to do is check the assembly picture in your parts book. "

firefighter ontheside

So the idle side mast is falling off of the bed rail?  Is it coming off the inside or outside?
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

dgdrls

Welcome to the FF CSoignet,

Will the saw-head raise and lower through its full range without binding?
and is there an apparent gap that changes in that movement?

Also, isn't there a retainer on the outside to assist the carriage wheel to stay on the track?

D

Brad_bb

We're happy to help, but 1st call should be to Woodmizer for a new mill.  I mean, it's under warranty and they should give some help if something's not right.

Got any pics to show what you mean?
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

CSoignet

the rail is falling off the outside. there is a piece of "C" channel that slides up and down the mast with the raising and lowerING the head., if I put a piece of cardboard between it and the mast it stays on track. 

I will call Wood-Mizer tomorrow. I'm not sure about any type of retainer...there is a piece that bolts to the mast that slides under the "lip" on the rail...but that does nothing as far as keeping it on track. 

CSoignet

and yes the head moves up and down freely. if I put the cardboard between the "C" channel to keep the mast on the rail...the saw does cut even/square...

MartyParsons

Hello,
   Measure at the top of the frame by the water bottle and fuel tank ( across the opening) and the assist assembly.   Then measure the same place at the bottom. This measurement should be the same. I had one that the bearing was not correctly installed and a customer had a building fall on one and the measurement at the bottom was out about 1". I put a strap at the bottom and pulled it back together. I guess you could say I bent it back. Being a new mill I would think this would not be the case but check the measurement and we can go from there.
Hope this helps.
Marty
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

CSoignet

Good idea. I'm also waiting for a return call from Wood-Mizer. hopefully a quick fix. 

Slingshot

MartyParsons IS Woodmizer. He helps out on issues when the office is closed.

I, too, have an LT15 and was wondering if the ide side mast was sprung out
a little at the bottom.
 Or the bed rail is sprung inward, but don't see how that could happen

CSoignet

I spoke with Nick at Wood-Mizer. He suggested the same thing (mast is sprung),  hasn't had it happen with a brand new machine. I will use the rachet strap to bring it back in. ..if this fixes it,  great. ..if not,  I'll call him back. 

thanks for the welcome and great advice. .hopefully it's this simple and I'll be on my way. 

starmac

Myself, I would do some serious measuring and remeasuring, then remeasure again, to make sure I know exactly what part was sprung, before I started bending on a new mill.

It has not been long since a member had a new LT15 that was damaged in shipping or something, so stuff does happen.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

CSoignet

follow up. 

Mill seemed to work fine after "bending" the idle mass back into alignment for a short time. ..new problems have developed.

dgdrls- you asked about the head binding while raising and lowering.

at first it was ok...now it has major resistance where it won't lower at all. 

I'll been sending the head back tomorrow, in hopes of getting a new one.

Thank You Sponsors!