iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lombard hauler in action

Started by JohnM, July 26, 2015, 01:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnM

Maybe this belongs in the Events section ??? but thought I'd put it out there for anyone in the area.  Next Saturday at the Maine Forest & Logging Museum (aka Leonard's Mills) in Bradley, is holding their 'Heavy Metal' event (<guess that answers my section question :-\ :-[).  http://www.maineforestandloggingmuseum.org/programs-2  (Look for August 1st)

I've got one of the kiddos otherwise I was going to have the Lucas there. :(  May still drive over with the little one anyway, it's a pretty neat place.
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

loggah

I think they will have 2 steamers fired up.its about 5 1/2 hrs away from me,so i doubt i will get there.I know one of my buddys will be there from Presque Isle.
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

thecfarm

I really should get up there and visit you too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

JohnM

Figured you'd know something about it loggah.  I've seen the water powered mill run but never the Lombard.  They'll fire it up again for their living history day in Oct.

Ray, have you ever been there?  If not it's well worth the visit.  Plus you could visit our place. ;D  As the crow flys the museum is only 5-6mi from us, course crows don't build roads so it's more like 12mi. ;)
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

thecfarm

I bet it is worth the visit. And I bet the museum is a nice place too.  ;D  I need at least a 2 weeks notice,3 weeks is really better,because of work. The boss schedules us out 2 weeks at a time.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!