iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

39 years

Started by WV Sawmiller, July 02, 2016, 10:15:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WV Sawmiller

Hard to believe we have been married 39 years today and I still don't have her properly trained.

Left the USMC rifle range at Quantico VA the afternoon of Friday July 1, 1977 and almost missed the plane in DC to Huntsville Decatur AL, had wedding rehearsal that night and married by my FIL next afternoon.

Two kids, 3.4 grandkids (#4 is our first grandson due in December), 7 foreign exchange students from 5 countries, 5 continents and probably 50+ countries visited since then. Rode out typhoons, hurricanes, a coups attempt in Africa, charged by a silverback gorilla and baby bull elephants and hunted and trekked with pygmies and other primitive natives on safari and it still seems like just yesterday we were married.

Well, I better get dressed to go out and take her to a Chinese restaurant for our traditional anniversary dinner here in a little bit. (I figure I have saved a fortune over the years eating sweet and sour pork and fried rice instead of steak and lobster. Actually when we first married was a holiday weekend and a Chinese restaurant was the only thing open.)

Thanks for sharing this special moment with us.

Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

rjwoelk

Congratulation for the 39 years. Today is our 33rd. Have a great time.
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

LeeB

Congratulations to both of you. Lindy and I made 39 years the 18th of last month.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Roxie

Happy Anniversary to you both!   8)
Say when

rjwoelk

Thankyou we are going out for pizza and a movie on Thursday,  coupons, always get it as cheep as possable. My wife plays the sax at the sask roughrider games, the pizza shop had a $3 off for every field goal, so $9 saving. Then the movie is All about me. I think. Love flick.
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

trapper

The day of our anniversary will be spent driving to the pig roast.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

easymoney

you never get them properly trained.they let you think that you are boss.

starmac

Well I have a month and 1o days to get my 39 year card, she is probably trained as good as it is going to get, but so far has put up with me and my ways. lol
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

Magicman

Congrats and thank you for sharing your special day with us.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WV Sawmiller

Quote from: rjwoelk on July 02, 2016, 10:55:32 AM
Congratulation for the 39 years. Today is our 33rd. Have a great time.
Quote from: rjwoelk on July 02, 2016, 01:55:30 PM
Thankyou we are going out for pizza and a movie on Thursday,  coupons, always get it as cheep as possable. My wife plays the sax at the sask roughrider games, the pizza shop had a $3 off for every field goal, so $9 saving. Then the movie is All about me. I think. Love flick.
rjwoelk,

Well, congrats to you and your bride also. My wife played the sax in high school and college, then retired as a HS Band Director 5 years ago. Her students, especially her sax players, were highly sought by the colleges and one of her last graduates is working on his PhD at Fla State right now. Becky played as a guest performer with the Parris Island USMC band when we were there. The band director, Bill Clemons, was the brother of Bruce Springsteen's sax player. Bill would work with Becky and. in the process, the local bands and even directed a multi county honor band there at the base theater. It worked well for all concerned.

We went to our movie today. Went to see the new Tarzan movie and loved it. Now both of us are homesick to return to Africa. We were the last ones to leave the theater watching the credits to see where the filming was done. Turned out was in Gabon, just south of where I had worked and the trees, jungle and rivers looked the same as the ones around us in Cameroon. I was a big ERB fan growing up anyway and they used a lot of the names and terms from his books.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Den Socling

The other day Patti asked me how long we have been married. I guessed 30 years. WRONG! It's been 39 years.  :)

bucknwfl

Congratulations!!!!!!  Monday me and Angie had been married two years.

Hope we see 39

If it was easy everybody would be doing it

Ron Wenrich

Quote from: WV Sawmiller on July 02, 2016, 10:15:15 AM
   Hard to believe we have been married 39 years today and I still don't have her properly trained.

I'm betting she has you properly trained.  its been 40 years for me.  Congratulations.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

samandothers

WV, rjwoelk and others with anniversaries congratulations on your years with your brides!  I think the training and learning is a two way street it takes two to have a successful marriage!    Good for you all.  I am glad I have a patient wife!

petefrom bearswamp

Congrats!
You certainly have had an interesting and adventuresome life.
Chinese restaurant the only one open on a holiday, sounds like the movie A Christmas Story.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

WV Sawmiller

Quote from: Den Socling on July 02, 2016, 10:40:39 PM
The other day Patti asked me how long we have been married. I guessed 30 years. WRONG! It's been 39 years.  :)

Den,

You could have said "We have been happily married 30 years" then when she told you that you have been married 39 years you could have told her you didn't count those less than perfect years.
Howard Green

LeeB

only if you're not wanting to make it to 40.  :D
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Carson-saws

WV Sawmiller....Congratulations!!!  a rare breed these days.  I loves the women I do...but I can not find the tracks in their hearts.  And...THANK YOU for your military service.  Obviously the USMC instilled good morals and ethics.  Happy Anniversary.
Let the Forest be salvation long before it needs to be

Thank You Sponsors!