iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

453 detroit T - Will it fit in a 230 timberjack skidder

Started by parlee8920032001, September 25, 2016, 07:48:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

parlee8920032001

Gents

I'm wanting to put in a 453 turbo  into a 230 timberjack skidder.  side saddle style with the long front . it has a 353 in it now but want to replace it with a 453 turbo that came out of a clark skidder . Now my question is will it fit and what has to be done to make this project work. I understand the horse power and this is a project of ours . just wondering the steps needed to make it happen .  thanks

Neilo

Give us some more information on the 230 and maybe some photos.

Neilo

parlee8920032001

Will try and get some pics tonight to post . All I know is the Skidder has a longer front then normal 230 . We think it's a 1973 Skidder

Neilo

In a 73 D series there is no longer nose option. Someone might have changed things. Will wait for pics

danbuendgen

I have never tried or ever heard of anyone doing it. When looking at my 240 and a 230 side by side, I doubt it would fit. The engine compartment is smaller on a 230, or at least it looks about 6" shorter.... But I have seen a 230 and 240 with the 4bta Cummins, so who knows. I will be keeping my eye on this thread.
Good Luck.
Husqvarna ~ TimberJack ~ Dodge Cummins

ehp

I seen a 230A with a 6bta cummins in it , I got a lot of room between the rad and fan on my 4bta . Donot know how the clutch could hold the 6bta , I can smoke the clutch at any time with my motor , its to be 140 to 145 hp with the hop up done on it

Maine logger88

There's a 230e with a 453 in it around here. They lengthened the nose like 6" to do it tho
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

David-L

Occasionally you see an E series with a Cummins 4bt in it. ( longer nose ) What about a Perkins motor or a Sisu from a tractor salvage yard. My Valtra has a 100hp sisu and that motor starts no matter how cold with its cold start system. Hole alignment for the bell housing is the tricky part. Thought there was a forum member on here with pics. use the search. Good luck.
In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

lynde37avery

Detroit WHAT?

Thank You Sponsors!