iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wood-Mizer Manual Tooth Setter

Started by NMFP, January 08, 2011, 09:59:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NMFP

Hello All:

Has anyone used the new WoodMizer Manual Tooth setter?  If so, what are some of the strengths and weakness's of it?  I am interested in getting one but would like some thoughts before I order.  This would be the one with the hand crank.

Thanks so much and greatly appreciate it.   8) 8) 8) 8)

NMFP

paul case

are you talking about the single tooth setter?  i hve one of those and modified it to set both sides at once.

works great now but used to be slower than..... well it was slow. pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

terrifictimbersllc

This thread contains a lot of discussion about the new WM dual tooth shop series setter.

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,42691.320.html
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

gator gar

I sharpened at least 3 boxes of blades, Friday and set the teeth on 2 boxes, with a single tooth setter. It's a rainy day job for sure, but not that bad. The newer the blade, it seemed the less the set was knocked out. Alot of them were still set to what I wanted on each blade, but, there were some that you had to put back in line. I wouldn't want to do it everyday. But like I said, it wasn't that bad. It'll give your arm a work-out if you have to set a bunch of teeth, that I do know. I just hope they all cut good next week.

NMFP

Paul Case:

Yes, I believe it is.  Its the new one that WM has that has a hand crank on the front.  I currently have a cooks dual tooth, a suffolk dual tooth and a Mighty Might dual tooth but want something that I can easily set up to set .50" TS bands. 

From the looks of the pictures, it looks like the hand crank cranks the band around and sets the tooth in that direction.  is that correct?

Thanks.

NMFP

paul case

on mine you advance the band by hand and the crank sets the tooth,now teeth and then do it again.  works real well but i would try to build my own if i had it to do over and knew what i know now. pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Thank You Sponsors!