iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

jms on road log loader trailers

Started by logman81, March 13, 2016, 01:55:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timberlinetree

Those loader trailers are handy to have!
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

logman81

That's my thinking to but buying new is out of the question.  A guy wants to sell his patu 597 loader for 10k is that a fair price?  It is a extend a boom to.
Precision Firewood & Logging

78NHTFY

logman81--Yes, they are handy.  Here's a few pics and some basic info, from my brochure.  I have the PATU 525--see last pic.  Kesla Oy, a Finnish Co. bought out PATU.  I posted a few pics of Kesla's newest forwarding trailers a few days ago.  Parts are available from US distributors--just got O-rings from Trottier & Sons here locally.  I remember a FF Member in Maine who has 2 PATU's and has posted pics years ago.  For $ 10K, probably a good deal.  Good luck & All the best, Rob

If you have time, you win....

repmma

This one is on a home built trailer.  Loader is good, trailer is not.  It's a Patu 202 if I remember right.  Probably going to mount it on a 5th wheel trailer I have for dubbing around delivering what I can under the 26k lbs.

This was the 2nd one I wish I had gotten first...  loader seems a little bit stronger but is also older.  Hard to beat the factory trailer.
Thomas 8020, Timberjack 225C, Ford 5030 with Norse 450 winch, stihl saws and 142 acres to manage.

logman81

Thanks for the info, those are some serious logs loaded on the trailer,  surprise it could lift them.

repmma

It does okay as far as size wise.  Not sure about that diameter class in 16ft variety but I don't saw much that long anyways.  16' 5" or something near for loader length.
Thomas 8020, Timberjack 225C, Ford 5030 with Norse 450 winch, stihl saws and 142 acres to manage.

logman81

I mostly deal with firewood poles so it should be able to handle that just fine.

Corley5

Trailers are great when new but they don't stay new long especially in the forest products industry.  Tires, brakes, and lights are a never ending battle with trailers that are the road.  No different than a truck. 
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

logman81

Yes but I think a trailer is still a little cheaper than a truck.

Corley5

You've still got a truck, an older 1 ton, and you'll find the weaknesses in it fast pulling a trailer like that.  You've already got truck maintenance and now you're adding more lights, more axles, more tires and more brakes.  Good luck.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

MJD

I will throw my 2 cents in, if I was doing just firewood and have a truck that can haul firewood, pull a small skidder I think firewood processor would cut out the need for a loader trailer and make you more efficient. If you took it a step farther and used a skidsteer the Hahn hfp 160 mounted on it would be cats a$$. No im not a Hahn dealer. LOL

logman81

Yeah I'm thinking I'm going to pass on it. Just stick to what I have and hire a guy with tri axle to move the wood to my yard and keep the money in my pocket.

Thank You Sponsors!