iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

BaumaLight Attachments-

Started by labradorguy, February 07, 2019, 09:26:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

labradorguy

Just wondering if anyone here has any experience or knowledge regarding BaumaLight? It's pouring rain this morning, so I was just casually browsing while waiting to see what the weather is going to do and I came across these guys. I was checking out their mulchers. They are a fair bit cheaper than several out there. Maybe they have less of a profit margin, maybe they are just making cheap-o attachments. IDK. Anyone familiar with them?

nativewolf

FAE mulchers if you have rock or fecon/Denis Cimaf if you don't is how I'd roll.  Cheap means trouble in the mulching world.  I avoid Seppi/Bauma/etc
Liking Walnut

Dom

Baumalight is part of a group of companies that have been manufacturing implements for many years, so I was also tempted to try out their gear. Their price is not far from the other players though, so its not as tempting. I did see some of their used mulching heads in the area, but never in use.

labradorguy

I've done a lot of checking and their rep is a bit sketchy. I'm taking a pass on this one. If I was just buying a bucket or something I may give them a shot, but I'm not dropping the coin for a mulcher from them after what I learned from talking to a lot of people.

The real show stopper for me was that they want a down payment upfront and when it comes in, you're not allowed to run the attachment before purchase. I asked for just five minutes to see it running and to get a feel for how it's made. Their answer was "NO." "No exceptions, take it or leave it."

I left it.

Next week, Caterpillar is sending out a mulcher for me to run all I want and then decide.  :)

Thank You Sponsors!