iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Weather 2021

Started by Ianab, December 31, 2020, 11:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

Another inch of snow on the ground.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Andries

It'll go to -41 tonight.
Where my shorts are won't be a real problem for me, for another three months. 
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

sawguy21

It is actually starting to warm up, -17C at 6 pm. It has been south of -20 which is too DanG cold for this old body, supposed to be a little milder this weekend. We have certainly seen weather extremes this year, in June we were experiencing a record heat wave. When 2021 leaves I'm gonna SLAM and bolt the door.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Runningalucas

down to 4 degrees Fahrenheit now.  Colder all week, minus temps at night, daytime highs single digits to low teens.  It gets cold in a hurry being outside; almost burns.  Looking forward to the warm up at the end of this crap, lol
Life is short, tragedy is instant, it's what we do with our time in between that matters.  Always strive to do better, to be better.

SwampDonkey

2" of fresh snow here, cleanup time. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

wisconsitom

2 or 3 inches of fluff.  Nice to get some dry stuff for a change.  Gonna be cold for a few days.
Ask me about hybrid larch!

Ljohnsaw

Been snowing like crazy up the hill.  Compare this:

to 2 weeks ago.

That right hand snow bank is now as tall as a semi!  Should tapper off to get ready for the next round of storms coming in on Monday.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

SwampDonkey

More freezing fog on the hills, getting ready for the next round of snow tomorrow.
                                                   splitwood_smiley fire_smiley

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

HemlockKing

Quote from: ljohnsaw on December 29, 2021, 03:04:29 PM
Been snowing like crazy up the hill.  Compare this:

to 2 weeks ago.

That right hand snow bank is now as tall as a semi!  Should tapper off to get ready for the next round of storms coming in on Monday.
You go up to the tree farm often? That would make for dangerous driving in the winter, I'd imagine sometimes it would be snowing up there and turn to ice/ freezing rain on the way down? 
A1

Ljohnsaw

Quote from: HemlockKing on December 29, 2021, 04:35:15 PMYou go up to the tree farm often? That would make for dangerous driving in the winter, I'd imagine sometimes it would be snowing up there and turn to ice/ freezing rain on the way down?
NOPE!  I'm not crazy.  I rely on the CalTrans traffic cameras, when they are working.  There is really nothing I can do up there right now, anyway.  Once I get the cabin built, then I'd go up and be snowbound for a week or so just for fun.  One of my neighbor's (up there) made the normal 3 hour trek from their north bay area place yesterday (about 160 miles).  I didn't ask but I assume it took them at least an extra hour or two once they hit the snow and chain requirements.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

thecfarm

Looks like another cloudy day at the last day of the year. Probably the clouds are keeping the heat in. 26° this morning. Just a little above freezing today.
The sun will come out and the temps will drop.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

32F and dripping water off the porch all night and this morning. It's been a winter fog here for 3 days with a passing snow shower a couple times. Might get showers tomorrow, snow Sunday. Mild and barely snow weather.

HemlockKing

Still been A1 brush burning conditions. Been running around like a pyromaniac with my diesel sprayer, leaf blower and tiger torch lol 
A1

SwampDonkey

Snow shoe boots arrived yesterday, not enough snow for good shoeing yet. Been waiting two years for snow shoes, now waiting for snow. :D

SwampDonkey

Power was out here in Royalton for 30 mins. this morning.

wisconsitom

Cloudy, high near 30F.  Big storm will miss  us to south, then drag more cold down behind it.

Blah weather, but good for getting stuff done.
Ask me about hybrid larch!

SwampDonkey

Feels like late April, sun melting snow, short sleeves taking Christmas lights down. ;D

85 Degrees in them windows, got 2 up. :D

HemlockKing

Quote from: SwampDonkey on December 31, 2021, 11:11:56 AM
Feels like late April, sun melting snow, short sleeves taking Christmas lights down. ;D

85 Degrees in them windows, got 2 up. :D
Bad business for the snowmobile industry anyway. Sounds like you'll half to wait to test out those snow shoes.
A1

thecfarm

The dirt road is a dirt road again. Even my driveway melted a little.

goose63

20 below stay warm my friends :new_year:
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

thecfarm

20 below!! Yikes!!!
A drizzle at 33°.

Ianab

Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Thank You Sponsors!