iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

2021 Pigroast update!

Started by Jeff, July 24, 2021, 11:40:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corley5

ps = postscript  ;D :)
That bowl would look good full of Werther's Originals  :) 8) :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Tacotodd

That's MY response on the vid!
Trying harder everyday.

Howdy

Looks like everything survived the trials of shipping!
The large piece is one I have been working on two and a half years.  Between designing the background or the buildings, road or no road, and learning how to paint glazes so they would look somewhat normal it has been a challenging work.  I made it so a Woodmiser lt40 sawmill model fits in the base flat part.  I hated the idea of giving up mine so hopefully Woodmiser will provide one, if not my the receiver not have one, drop me a line.  

If I had Jeff's talents at painting, my work would be so blessed.  Jeff, if ever you get inspired, I would love to buy a painting from you.

I have been a Forestry Forum member for 13 years and have attended two Pig Roasts.  The community that you all represent mean a great deal to me and by offering my pottery I feel I have something to contribute.  The gallery where I sell my work misses out while I cherry-pick the most desirable pieces to send and the hours I devote are small in relation to the time and warmth I receive from you.

Have fun and take pictures. 
Howdy 

firefighter ontheside

Good night, Jeff.

ps........post script
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

DbltreeBelgians

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Corley5

We may very well not make it.  We had a major lightning 🌩 strike.   Blew outside flood lights off the side of the house, phone entrance,  well control box is blown up in the basement, several outlets and switches in the house are blackened, blew the main breaker in the  panel and sub panel and the meter may very well be fried.  Cooked the in ground pet fence box too. We won't know the full extent of the damage until day break.  There are craters in the yard where it hit a shepherd's hook bird feeder hanger, and blew a chunk out of one of the concrete deck pillars.  Knocked knick knacks off shelves. Crazy.  Lucky the house didn't burn down.  We're not sure if the power company will energize the house or will require an inspection which is probably a good idea.  Going to be a busy day.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

HemlockKing

Quote from: Corley5 on August 07, 2021, 12:41:48 AM
We may very well not make it.  We had a major lightning 🌩 strike.   Blew outside flood lights off the side of the house, phone entrance,  well control box is blown up in the basement, several outlets and switches in the house are blackened, blew the main breaker in the  panel and sub panel and the meter may very well be fried.  Cooked the in ground pet fence box too. We won't know the full extent of the damage until day break.  There are craters in the yard where it hit a shepherd's hook bird feeder hanger, and blew a chunk out of one of the concrete deck pillars.  Knocked knick knacks off shelves. Crazy.  Lucky the house didn't burn down.  We're not sure if the power company will energize the house or will require an inspection which is probably a good idea.  Going to be a busy day.
Had a house just down the road get struck last week. Same thing, hit their fence in their yard and it went down into the ground and went to the houses foundation, you could see where it burned a path in the grass!
A1

thecfarm

Yes, you are lucky!! Sorry to hear of the damage. 
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Old Greenhorn

Corley, I am truly sorry to hear about your hit. You were very fortunate to keep your house! We'll be thinking about you today and wishing the best for you all.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Nebraska

Ugh sorry about mother nature.  Jeff's pig looks really good.  I wish I could be there,  I would enjoy putting faces and names together. 

petefrom bearswamp

Keeping updated from here.
wish we could have made the trip.
Heading to a pig roast here this afternoon for grandson's grad party.
Sure will miss seeing all of the attendees there.
Hope to be able to make the roast in 2023
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

gspren

We have a community picknik here in DE today held at a local firehall, I said to wifey that the FF pigroast would have better food,she asked why, it just will! Have fun everyone!
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

DbltreeBelgians

A pic of some of the pig roast attendees.

Brent

HemlockKing

I bet that pup has been getting a lot of attention lol 
A1

Old Greenhorn

Well Sawyer was doing his first pig roast and was trying to figure it all out. He was tired.
 Boy howdy we had such a great time we had! The day was just super and the folks were great. Lots of great conversations. Speaking of Howdy, his door prize contributions were much coveted by guy and gal alike, as were all the others, but Howdy's had that little sumptin' sumptin' Great day all around.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Howdy

Miss y'all.
Glad my stuff survived shipping and is of interest.

Thanks for the pictures, keep them coming.
Howdy

DbltreeBelgians

@Jeff 
Thank you Jeff, Tammy and the rest of the crew and all the members and sponsors that contributed to what I feel was a great pig roast. We met a lot of new faces this year and also got to see some people that we met the last time we came up back in 2018.

@firefighter ontheside   Bill, glad you made it home and yeah I got your message.

Found this on my bumper but not until I was unhooking the trailer at the campgrounds in Wolverine Michigan.

@doc henderson 
Brian and Georgia it was a pleasure meeting you both and we hope your trip back to Hutchison is/was safe safe and uneventful.

@Old Greenhorn  Tom and Pat, hold the fort at Hidden Hills and safe travels back to New York. Thank you for everything and it was a pleasure meeting you both.

@Magicman  Lynn & Pat, it was great to see you both again. Oh and I promise not to touch your knife ever again.  :D

@terrifictimbersllc  Wow Dennis you saved the day with that adult beverage. I was pretty hot and thirsty after having that tire ordeal at the Birch Run exit. Thanks again buddy. You da man.

I'm sure I missed plenty more but to everyone at the 2021 pig roast and behind the scenes a big thank you from Jill and me and we're looking forward to the next go round.

Brent 

firefighter ontheside

Oh there's my name tag.  It must have jumped off of my shirt and onto your bumper.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

firefighter ontheside

Here's a few pictures I got.

Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Tacotodd

Brent @DbltreeBelgians thanks for taking a pic of me with the doc. Now everyone can see wha I look like (since I haven't been able to make my phone equipment transfer pictures in my album to the forum, even doc wasn't able to make it happen).
Trying harder everyday.

doc henderson

@Howdy your gifts were impressive.  I am sorry the stars did not align for you to make it this year.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Don P

Hey, I saw Furby down here last week, he gets around  :D.

Howdy

Seeing y'all brings back wonderful memories of friendship and good times.  Thanks for the pictures.  

My plans for attending were changed as I came down with COVID and can only attend from my hospital room. It was quite a surprise as I seldom have close contact with others but a single visit to my sister in Seattle last week proved to be the entire family's down falling.  

Sorry to have missed such an colorful and talented group of folks.  I hope everyone had a good time.
Howdy

Thank You Sponsors!