iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Venison Recipe

Started by jdtuttle, December 16, 2009, 08:17:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdtuttle

Season is almost over in NY & I only have one deer :( I have a couple favorite recipes I'd like to share.
Venison Roast Pulled Barbeque
Place roast in roasting pan and cover ¾ with water. Add quartered onion & 2-3 bay leaves. Cook at 350 ° until tender 2-3 hours.
Let stand & cool
Pull venison using a fork & remove any fat. Set aside
In roasting pan sauté in olive oil one large onion and 2 cloves fresh garlic until onions are tender. Turn on high and add bourbon or whiskey (I call it 1.5 seconds of tipping the bottle) or a couple of shots!
Combine the venison and onion/garlic, stir in your favorite barbeque sauce and warm thoroughly.
Serve with rolls as sandwiches or side dish.

This next one is my favorite I call it butterfly backstraps.
Butterfly back straps (I like mine about 1 1/4" thick so make the first cut at 2 1/2")
Fire-up the grill & get er good & hot.
I brush a little olive oil on the steaks before grillig so they don't stick as much. Put the steaks on for abot 30 seconds on each side. You just want them seared so the juices are sealed in.
On the burner take a large skillet & melt one stick of butter & lots of garlic. I usually use 4 or 5 cloves. While that's melting take those tender backstraps & cut them into bite size pieces. About 1 1/4" square. After the garlic is almost tender & flavor is released add the steak and saute until desired doneness. I like mine med. rare. I usually serve with rolls for sandwiches & a good dark ale
Enjoy,
Jim
Have a great day

Weekend_Sawyer

Sounds good Jim.

I like to take a large pice of the deer ham and cut it into steaks between 1/2 and 3/4" thick.
Sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic. put in a baggie with a good shot of olive oil and let them maranate for a while then throw them on a medum grill with a little hickory for smokey flavor. Mmmmm good.

Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Thank You Sponsors!