iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

questions about reefer conversion

Started by farmfromkansas, April 17, 2018, 10:12:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

farmfromkansas

Got a reefer trailer delivered and on the ground, on a couple chunks of prestressed concrete.  When you attach your framing for the baffle to the ceiling, do you have to drill through the top of the trailer, then attempt to seal around the bolts, or is there enough of a frame to fasten to? My reefer has a plastic interior, looks like a sheet fiberglass with a slick finish.  Have to patch a hole at the rear in the ceiling, maybe 2' x 3'.  Only thing I can think of is to use some countertop laminate and glue to the existing sheet. Maybe use some expensive construction adhesive? 
     Once I get the cart and track built, fans installed and all, what is the best way to heat the wood up to 140 degrees quickly to sterilize the wood?  Was looking at making a small door where reefer unit used to sit after closing up the big hole and insulating, of course, and setting my space heater up on a shelf where I could blow hot air into the trailer, opening the vent in the rear to allow outside air to get in, and monitoring heat until I can get up to 140. Not planning to use a Nyle unit. Maybe a solar panel.
Most everything I enjoy doing turns out to be work

Bruno of NH

The interior of a refer unit is lined with fiberglass reinforced panels.
You can get them at most building supplies shops. 
I also think you use 500 watt work light to raise the heat
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Thank You Sponsors!