iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Splitting wood can be fun??

Started by DR_Buck, November 28, 2014, 03:46:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DR_Buck

Who ever knew?  Maybe it's because the newness hasn't worn off yet, but I had fun today splitting processing wood.      The best part is I'm not tired and I don't hurt.    :)

Put quite a pile next to the OWB and filled the sons pick up as well.

No bending over and no lifting.   ;D    I'm liking this new toy piece of equipment.   8)

Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

47sawdust

Dr Buck,
Does that unit have the capstan winch on it for log loading?I've got a Supersplit that is a joy to use.Logrite seems to have taken the idea a couple steps further.Have a good time.
Mick
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

lineguy82

I fought these rounds out of the woods this morning. It was all I could do to get them in the truck. My little 22T splitter grunted through them barely

95 chevy 4x4
Husky 562xp
Hardy H5
22T Countyline Splitter
...and hopefully a sawmill when the wife finishes college

coxy

DR Buck what size gehl skid steer do you have I have a 4625 that is an electrical night mare

timberlinetree

Sounds funny but splitting wood/ doing hay with the family is some of my joys of life( OK don't have much of a life) but love it! Nice splitter and load of wood! Thanks for posting!
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

tractorman44

You both got me beat !!!  But I agree, splitting wood is kinda fun.  At least you can 'pile up' what you did with your time instead of a computer that goes blank and shows a fellow nothing of what he just did for the last hour.... well...with exceptions you know.

Magicman

Buck, we need some more pictures of your splitting operation.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Weekend_Sawyer

Am I seeing Logrite blue there? Congratulations on the OWB and splitter!

Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Leigh Family Farm

There are no problems; only solutions we haven't found yet.

CRThomas

Quote from: kilgrosh on December 01, 2014, 10:26:34 AM
That is a nice Firewoodinator!
I went in to the firewood business and it was hard work till I figured how to do itI enjoy firewood and make a good income.

petefrom bearswamp

Still enjoy putting up firewood with help from my son.
Sometimes I hire my neighbor too.
Dang boiler is leaking again.
Coxy has offered to point me to a good repairman.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

DR_Buck

Quote from: Magicman on December 01, 2014, 09:23:03 AM
Buck, we need some more pictures of your splitting operation.   ;D

I don't have a lot of pictures yet as I'm just getting started with this whole firewood processing thing.    Until recently I did not even consider doing firewood as a business.   I planned on just sticking with the sawmill.   However, ever since the first time we saw the Logrite Woodinator  several years ago we wanted one.   I just couldn't justify it since I wasn't looking to go into the firewood business.     But now with retirement from the day job fast approaching we decided maybe we should make the jump and get one.   Surprise - Surprise !!!   I find out unfortunately Logrite is not currently manufacturing them.   However, as rare as they are to find, I was with some help able to get my hands on one.   

My plan is to offer a wood splitting (processing) service similar to my mobile sawmill business.    Take to where landowner or homeowners have downed trees, even in their back yards, charge an hourly rate and make firewood out of their logs. Since the Woodinator has it's own log loading and chunk lifting built in, I can take it onsite to make firewood without needing any other handling equipment, and it won't damage any yards by rolling it across them.

For this winter I'm just going to use it myself for us and the family.   Then, maybe next year start pushing it from the business prospective.   Here are a couple videos  from my first use of it.     As I'm new at the video thing I had to convert them and something in the speed got hosed up  and I look like I'm moving along at a fast pace.   It's fast, but not quite as fast as the video shows.

http://youtu.be/IWdQBATyZH4

http://youtu.be/YrT1TO3NYvk
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Thank You Sponsors!