iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

So hows your Saturday going ? 😂

Started by BargeMonkey, June 22, 2019, 02:45:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BargeMonkey

Slashing the other day and I felt something, knew something wasnt right...  Well...😂 

Someones been into this stick before, fix it up right this time. 

dsroten

Well I broke my main line on the 540 and lost the end wedge.  Then got completely drowned by a passing storm.  Bit Iguess not nearly as bad as yours.

nativewolf

On the bright side you know how to weld.  Not a great way to spend such a nice day.  I'm resting up after cracking a rib or two being silly.  
Liking Walnut

Firewoodjoe

Sorry about your luck but mine has been very productive lol. Although I do have a boom cylinder fresh rebuilt in the back of the truck. But I'll take that. Happy welding.

Old Greenhorn

Was this that machine you had up on the clearcut, or the other high cut? Looks like you got it back to the shop at least. That is a bad break. Hope you can pull it back in to fit. At least it isn't snowing...yet. Sorry man. For myself, nothing blew up today.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

jimbarry

A windy nautical day here in Nova Scotia. Spent the afternoon milling six pine logs, 12 footers. Got six 6x6's, twelve 2x3's, about fifty 1x4 and the scraps will be cut up for 1 cu ft bagged kindling. Already did 5 bags, probably another 8-10 to do.

Southside

Barge, you sure that's not supposed to be like that?  Maybe it's designed to make changing the bushing easier.   :D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

BargeMonkey

It's not as bad as it could have been, I've cut ALOT of wood with that loader and never put much money in it. I'm lucky it happened 4 miles from my shop, not exactly fun but it's getting some other maintenance while it's there. Monday I had some broken bolts in my Timbco sawhead, Tuesday I open my saw box to find a squished 372 no one ??? knows anything about ? Wednesday I finished off 562 #2, cant cry to bad the saw was WHIPPED 😂, then this on Thursday, Friday I was kind of gun shy wanting to go to the woods but I dont think ? anything went wrong. The last while I havent had bad weeks so you will have this. 

Southside

Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

BargeMonkey

Quote from: Southside on June 22, 2019, 09:55:54 PM
At least you set sail soon.
About 120k ft and 200 cord, cant get it fast enough. 😂

ehp

went pretty good here , cut 8,000 or 9,000 feet of grade logs and only got into fist fights 3 times with myself, wish everyday went this well, at least it did not rain 8)

nativewolf

Quote from: ehp on June 23, 2019, 07:08:25 AM
went pretty good here , cut 8,000 or 9,000 feet of grade logs and only got into fist fights 3 times with myself, wish everyday went this well, at least it did not rain 8)
There you are bragging about cutting 5 trees again.   :D
Liking Walnut

ehp

Nope , I cut 18 trees yesterday and 12 today , most stuff is 3 ft or so on stump so not big stuff . Wife said I got to cut grass so I just home plus being sunday I did not start very early . My falling saws are just abit louder than stock ;D, its so wet here Im 1 of a very few working as most bush is under water , on this cut Im sure I got 50 acres under water .

Thank You Sponsors!