iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Boots

Started by WV Sawmiller, December 02, 2016, 10:05:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WV Sawmiller

For many years I have worn 8" tactical boots (Nylon uppers, lace up with a zipper on the side) because They were quick and easy to put on and off when passing through airport security around the world and wore good. Looks like those days are over and my work pair are about shot so I finally broke down and bought me a good (I hope) pair of C.E Schmit 9" leather logger boots with steel toes from our local TSC store. I found I had to move up one a complete size to get a pair that fit but I wore them much of the day today and so far am finding them very comfortable. I should have had them when I first got my mill and my son dropped one end of a short log on my toe resulting in a very sore foot and a lost nail. A week later when moving the mill he dropped a landing gear on the same toe - ouch!

The other Schmidt work clothes I have bought from TSC were leather belts and suspenders and I have found them very reasonably priced and good quality. I trust these boots will also work out well. I have high hopes for them.

While I was at it I went ahead and got a new set of tires for my truck installed today so I should be set for the winter now.

Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

East ky logging

I've used those boots for about a year now and they have held up as good or better as ones costing twice as much.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety- Benjamin Franklin

scully

I have about 4 pairs of boots that I wear for work . The big surprize to me was the Timberland Pro's I bought just before I retired They have held up fantasticly and are the most comfortable boots I have worn in a long time . I used to be a die hard Red Wing guy ,a new pair every year for 25+ yrs. always the same model . I stopped when the last pair was noticably much cheaper in construction and never felt right on my feet . I always tried to buy US made boots but choice and comfort are a hard thing to find these days .
I bleed orange  .

Magicman

I never ever wear anything other than Steel Toe boots when working/sawing.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

dgdrls

I've had a pair of those and they worked well,
I am fortunate in that my current employer will
pay 1/2 my boot cost however, they must be ANSI spec on the toe cap
and EH rated.

I have found the Keen line meets those specs and are a bit lighter
and offer a low, mid or even wellington boot

I don't live in them day to day however i have found they work very well
for me and are protective as well as comfortable for milling and such-the-like

D

samandothers

I have some Timberline Pro's and I like them too.  So far so good with them been a couple of years on them but not full time.

We bought my son a Schmit Jacket from TSC last year and he has enjoyed it.  I was way less than Carhart and he is pleased. 

Thank You Sponsors!