iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Need Husky help! Southern Indiana

Started by nacho, December 11, 2010, 08:47:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nacho

I am the proud owner of husky 261 that i received when my father passed this year.  The problem is that it is in pieces,  I mean he was in process of rebuilding and I need to reassemble it.  It is tore down beyond my ability so I need someone to put it back together.  All parts should be there.   Any Suggestion would be of great help.   It seems to be a powerful saw from what I have read.   I have a stihl farm boss now   It would be nice to have a back up.

alleyyooper

Send you an E mail to the address listed in your profile.

;D  Al
your not fully dressed with out a smile.

ladylake

Nothing is beyond your abilitys if you try, lack of trying is the biggest disabilty for most.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

NCFarmboy

261 is the EPA version of the old 262.  The difference being the 262 has a flat top piston and the 261 has a dished piston and the clutch has three shoes(262) compared to 2 shoes(261, this clutch also fits 254,257,50,51 and 55).  Also, some of the 262's did not have a compression release the 261 does.  If saw is torn down think about using 262 piston (more compression) Meteor piston from Baileys is a good choice around $35.  If the cylinder is bad I think they have an aftermarket P&C kit. This saw will carry up to 24" bar. Do the piston and a muffler mod and it will scream.  I LOVE this saw!! I have 6. This model has one of the highest power to weight ratios available.  This is a commercial grade saw not a home owner grade. Well worth fixing.  Shep/NCFarmboy
Lots & Lots of Saws

sharkey

If you would like to post your questions, Im sure we here can help you get er back together.  Grab the camera and take a few pics of what all you have.   

Thank You Sponsors!