iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Saw some incredible slabs today!

Started by Dave Shepard, January 16, 2007, 08:04:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Shepard

I stopped in at a local sawyers place today to find a couple of turning blanks and saw some of the most incrdible slabs. There were a couple of English elm that would have filled a pickup and a bubinga that must have been 5'x 16'! He has some amazing stuff.

I just found his website: www.berkshireproducts.com.

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

SW_IOWA_SAWYER

Cool Website

But....... his prices are well lets just say "Pricey" and leave it at that :D
I owe I owe so its off to work I go....

Dave Shepard

Yeah, I didn't buy anything yesterday. ;) But if you are in the market for that stuff, he's got it. He has some amazing stuff there.

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

solodan

I didn't think his prices were all that pricey. It' not like you can go down to the big box store and pick up a big wide slab like that. The prices on his Claro Walnut were all below $20 bft. I have seen Claro go for over $100bf. 8) Most of his lumber was in the $3bf range, for some very wide boards. 8) It looks expensive to all of us here that are in the business, but for the average yuppie that doesn't even own a hand saw? ??? 8) :)  and though they are not necessarily the ones buying it, the price is passed on to them by the builder.

Ron Wenrich

I noticed quite a few SOLD tags on a lot of his inventory.  So, I guess its not too high priced.   ;)
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Brad_S.

He's mastered that "niche" marketing we keep reffering to here. :D
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

Thank You Sponsors!