iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

couple pics... post what your currently cutting

Started by RunningRoot, January 27, 2015, 08:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike_belben

looks like you need to put the old man in a machine barge. or have more kids to run them for you!
Praise The Lord

BargeMonkey

Mike my father hasn't been in the woods in 2yrs, prefer he stays out, last time he decided he was going to be a hero in the ice and got his face rearranged. My oldest boy is going to be a waste of air, wants nothing to do with cutting wood, has no hustle. 
Last summer I went to move that loader down the driveway, broke the drives haft and took a ride, my loader was buried in a woodpile on the hill, he took me out on a chain and down over the hill backwards resting on the blade, I wouldnt want to do it with a 450 dozer. 

If i can make it work I will go buy a new one in a bit, trailer is so hard to get in around here sometimes.  

Ive got no logging help and still have to do everyone else's job 😆 saw Tom today as im coming out of the cooler dealing with beer deliveries. My other jobs too wet, finish this one, 4-5lds of good logs and 100 cord to go, go clean up that clearing job down the road.

Old Greenhorn

Yeah, you didn't look like you were having a great day, but you did look like you were getting through it OK. You are banging some real wood out of that 100 acres jib and I still haven't got down to where you are cutting, having enough trouble just getting my toothpicks done and staying awake on the drive home, which felt very long today. (Note to self, do not get up at 2:30 when you are leaving at 5.)
 Keep hammering! Tomorrow is another day.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

mike_belben

if you put a ball valve to cut the supply off to the rear bags, and then another ball valve on a tee that is between the shutoff and the bag to vent the air out, it will let the rear axle slide and will turn just like a closed tandem without fighting you.  the effective wheelbase will come forward 2 foot or so also. 

well.. if its air ride anyways.
Praise The Lord

BargeMonkey

Just keep hustling 🤷‍♂️

watch the sun come up, sun go down.

in between cutting wood.

truck wood 🤷‍♂️

no brakes on the train now 😆 Timbcos fixed...

barbender

Too many irons in the fire

barbender

We just started on a nice private sale, lots of White Pine coming off this one. I do think I'll bring a load home to feed to the Woodmizer😊 These are 16', not huge probably average 16-20" dbh-

We need rain really badly, this is a sand job and the dust is atrocious! I knocked at least 10 pounds of dust out of my air filter yesterday😬

barbender

The first pic is just 8' aspen, there is a ScorpionKing hiding up on the hill in the background.

Skeans1

Southside

Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

barbender

We finally got a nice soaking rain on Sunday. That and a new air filter and things are looking up😊

nativewolf

The dust has been something here but we've also had some rain over the last week.  Well the dust, water pump gradual failure ...becoming urgent, fan clutch...etc etc.  June has seen 1 truck :(.  Good news is that we did the water pump and fan clutch ourselves, lots of learning for a couple of mechanical idiots.  No leaks!  Temps much nicer, more dust.

Liking Walnut

mike_belben

Quote from: Southside on June 23, 2021, 12:03:24 AM
Quote from: barbender on June 18, 2021, 07:53:41 PM
What are we looking at there, Barge?
My guess is $3,500....
I thought it was the yoke frame of a dangle head getting rebushed.. ?
Praise The Lord

Skeans1

Quote from: mike_belben on June 23, 2021, 08:38:03 AM
Quote from: Southside on June 23, 2021, 12:03:24 AM
Quote from: barbender on June 18, 2021, 07:53:41 PM
What are we looking at there, Barge?
My guess is $3,500....
I thought it was the yoke frame of a dangle head getting rebushed.. ?
Nah that's a dog bone off a timbco.

mike_belben

Gotcha. Now that i see the pic of it in the truck its obvious.   The first pic with it standing upright i didnt recognize. 
Praise The Lord

teakwood

happy birthday @barbender ! all the best and health for the years to come
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

olcowhand

Olcowhand's Workshop, LLC

They say the mind is the first to go; I'm glad it's something I don't use!

Ezekiel 36:26-27

Old Greenhorn

x3! Stay safe out there and have a great day!
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

newoodguy78

X4 I'm sure you're out there stacking straight piles  8)

ehp

happy birthday as well. No need to worry about dust here as were to get 4 or 5 days of rain . I should be done this bush tomorrow if I do not get flooded out tonight

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

barbender

The BuffaloKing is shut down from a pinhole in a steel hydraulic pipe, that the local Ponsse shop didn't have on hand. So the birthday boy got to saw some nice 16' red pine for pallet lumber🤷🏽‍♂️

Andries

That long pine looks perfect, especially for a Birthday Boy.
The smell of fresh pine on the mill is one of those rewards for hard work that other people just don't get. 😆
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

chep

Cant ask for a better birthday then that! Barbender thanks for keeping it real! 
Have a good one

Skeans1

Not a whole lot of taper in these girls.

Thank You Sponsors!