iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Niagara Falls in winter: on our way!

Started by SawyerBrown, December 06, 2014, 06:09:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SawyerBrown

After not seeing much of the Mrs for the last couple of months (farming, then catching up on pent-up sawmill jobs), and never having been there, we decided to take a "little drive" up to the Canadian side for a couple of days of doing nothing.  Have heard they are awesome in the winter too, so we shall see!

So tomorrow it's up to visit the older daughter at Ross Business School (Michigan) in Ann Arbor, then Monday on over into Windsor and on up the 401 (eh?) through Ontario.  We splurged and got a nice room overlooking the falls ...
Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

Chuck White

I've seen pics of the Falls after they iced over.

That would be awsome to see, but won't likely happen again, things are getting to warm.

I'm sure you'll like your visit!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

timberlinetree

Have a safe, fun and relaxing trip. It is really breath taking and lots of neat history. Just don't try going over in a barrel! :D
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

WDH

If you do go over the Falls in a barrel, make sure that it is white oak.

You will need those tyloses  :D. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

drobertson

Sounds like a great trip!  a few years back I got within 27 miles of the Falls, only problem I was with my now son in law, traveling back to NH, I told her I just about went for a look, but just couldn't without her with me,  hope you folks have a great time,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Magicman

Niagara Falls is a wonderful and unforgettable experience.   
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Brad_S.

Stayed at the Mariott in Canada a few weeks ago...18th floor...awesome view!
NF in winter is not as enjoyable as summer. The mist is fridgid and many sights such as Cave of the Winds and the Maid of the Mist are closed.
If your wife likes shops, visit Niagara-on-the-lake in Ontario, although it is pricey.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

DaleK

I actually prefer it in the winter but more late January or into February when things have had a chance to ice up. Looking out from under the hanging ice is cool, no lines is REALLY cool. Clifton Hill will still mostly be open but no waiting, the Skywheel is really neat with snow cover but there probably isn't enough now. Go down south of the falls, they should have the drive through Christmas Lights tour through the park.
Hud-Son Oscar 330
Wallenstein FX110
Echo chainsaws and a whole bunch of tractors

CTL logger

The wife and I were there a month ago, she's never been there so we got our passports and went. We live a little over an hour away hope to go back when it's warmer and do some more things. Took this picture from hotel room window.

Thank You Sponsors!