iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

It has rained all night and all day so far today. All outdoor activities have been canceled. >:(
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

thecfarm

in the 40's here last night,49°  :D   But does feel warmer than yesterday,no wind.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

chevytaHOE5674

Been in the 40's UP here every night for about the last two weeks now with only a day or two getting into the low 70's for highs every other day has been 50's and 60's for highs. Feels much more like early to mid fall than it does summer with the cool temps and near constant rain. So wet that even the sandy ground logging jobs I've marked and sold aren't being cut as its just too wet and the "wet" soils that are usually dry all summer and into the fall are so wet you need a boat to navigate the woods. Strange year that's for sure.

SwampDonkey

It was 54 here this morning, but to the north I think it got into the 30's. But it did get to 74 here today.  :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

drobertson

Got to love rain in the first week of August, even if it means flash floods,  david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

timberlinetree

Maybe i'm crazy but something seems out of wack! :-\
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

sawguy21

We had 1.1 mm of rain in July, one of the driest on record, and it's going to stay sunny and very warm for at least the next two weeks. Crops are threatened and forestry crews are being kept very busy.
Smoke is becoming a problem. We were in central Oregon last week and had planned to return via Yakima and Wenatchee but the air quality was so bad we took the most direct route through Portland. DanG I hate driving through that city. :'(
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

mesquite buckeye

Yesterday's high was 84. First real break since May. Back to the 90's and 100's again. 8) 8) 8)
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

chevytaHOE5674

48° and 1.1" of rain last night. Looks like its heading for a high of 60° today which would be great if it was October.....

mesquite buckeye

The way it is going, it could be one nasty, cold winter coming. :-\ Must be global warming..er...climate change... er.....the coming ice age, etc. Whatever is coming, I'm sure it is America's fault. ;D 8) 8) 8)
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Texas Ranger

110 heat index the past 4 days.  Come on winter!!!!!!!
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Magicman

There is stuff that I could/should have done today, but it did not get done.   smiley_sweat_drop smiley_sun
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SwampDonkey

It was 78 here today. I've noticed most of the flies have died off. See mainly blow flies now and a few black flies, not many.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

At 5:30 this morning it was dry here. Started to rain a little at 6 than ALOT at 7. I got caught out in the ALOT part.  ::) Came in and got dried up and just about stopped. Now it's ALOT again. Someone told me we might get 2 inches of rain. Yep,I beleive it now.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Right now you couldn't get any wetter under a waterfalls.  ::)

mesquite buckeye

Sunny, dry and 100. 8) 8) 8)

thecfarm

Started out sunny this morning. That did not last long. About noon it started to rain. I live on a hill and the land kinda levels out. There has been standing water there all summer. I am working on another place that I want to mow. want to see into the field as I come up the road. Bunches of rocks need to be hauled off and bunches of trees need to be cut to make this work. I was thinking about cutting the tres and making a woods road through the woods and limb them out there. I walked through the woods to find a good way to go. I found a good way to go,but also found mud too. Guess I will wait for it to dry up,if it does. Might freeze up first. I think only a few times we had 3 days in a row with no rain this summer.

SwampDonkey

It was sunny in the woods all day here, but the clouds were building up. It began to rain at 4:00 pm here.

thecfarm

Looks like the rain is done???? For now???? Sun is trying to come out.

chevytaHOE5674

Got up to a balmy 62° here today after a cool start at 36°. At least we haven't had rain since last Friday.

SwampDonkey

Sure hope it ends by morning here, got 8/10" in 2-1/2 hrs.

Was 54 this morning and 75 for a high again.

Magicman

No complaints from me about the much needed rain, but it has shut my sawing down for three afternoons.  Not being able to work a full day drives up traveling (gas) expenses.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

Raining again.  :(  >:(  But there is suppose to be a good spell of dry weather coming in. Maybe no rain for more than 3 days.  ;D

SwampDonkey

They said for today, any sun that makes it way out will spawn thunderstorms. We got another 3/10" in the night. Rained hard.

MJD

could use rain here, and 43 this morning.

Thank You Sponsors!