iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

swampdonkey,them Southerns,Peter,may see 50. Coast of Maine might see 40. I'll be lucky to see 34.

Just an edit at about 10:15 pm,4 above.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

-5F this morning, doesn't feel too mild.  :-X Snow coming tonight, then rain Wednesday and Friday. DOH!

Snow stress, a new one on me. These health analysts can sure come up with some real sensationalized terms. Everyone needs a hobby, if your just going to mope around in the doldrums all the time and complain it's going to get to you after awhile. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Autocar

Its 32 degrees here this morning,we had freezing rain/snow/ice pellets last night . Wind picked up hard but the snow has a crust on it and held it down. Winds out of the west/southwest , snow stress thats a new one for me to I suppose the snow plow operators could say that to there boss when they clip a mail box  :D
Bill

chevytaHOE5674

14° this morning with a slight breeze and some snow. Temp today thru Thursday is supposed to be near 30° but the wind is supposed to blow off the lake which is frozen up good so that means its may as well be a wind blowing across a frozen tundra. Then by the weekend back to single digits.....  :(

Lake is nearly frozen solid, which is unheard of this early in the winter.

Forgot to mention that we officially set a record now 73 days in a row without getting above freezing, dating back to December 6th 2013. Also set record low temperatures 3 nights last week with -23, -22, and -19. Brrr

thecfarm

Chunk must of sent some of his below zero temps to me,-7 for a low, 8 above now. Should get up into the 20's,a little snow at dark,than a warm up.
Chevy,it no fun to break records like that.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

mesquite buckeye

More boring 80's.

Ho Hum ;D ;D ;D
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

SwampDonkey

22F here now and that rain coming the end of the week in 2 storms, snow tonight. But down real cold again next week. "Too early in the winter"? I hope not, it was cold and snowing here since November. That would put us into about August with that logic before we could plant the garden. :D :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jim_Rogers

Late yesterday, I got the driveways cleaned up from snow.

But I didn't get to cleaning up and around the sawmill, yet.

I hope to tomorrow.

But it's snowing here again today.......

There is a sawmill in there somewhere, I know there is, that's where it is frozen to the ground.

Maybe on Saturday when it's 50°F I can get a picture of the mill all cleaned up and show you it is really there.....

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Alcranb

Our "no accumulation to just a dusting" just turned over to rain. Currently 34°  Oh yeah .....the dusting was at least 3 inches on top of the foot we got Saturday night.
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.  So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  (Mark Twain)

thecfarm

Snowing here now. 17°

Peter Drouin

+24 and snow I'm guessing 10" at least  :D :D :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

thecfarm

Them guys on TV are saying 2-3 inches per hour!! WOW. Just so the ones that don't get snow,the snowplows can not keep up with the snow coming down that quick.

ancjr

50F and mud.  Lots and lots of mud.  :)

Chuck White

Windy today and about 3 inches of snow through the day!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Escavader

Quote from: thecfarm on February 18, 2014, 06:38:26 PM
Them guys on TV are saying 2-3 inches per hour!! WOW. Just so the ones that don't get snow,the snowplows can not keep up with the snow coming down that quick.
We might need to help the town crew out with our tractors ;D I've lived on
This street all my life, it was not uncommon in the late 60 s early 70s for the town to plow big
storms with the grader ain't seen that for a while
Alan Bickford
Hammond lumber company/Yates American A20 planer with dbl profilers Newman feed table multiple saw trimmer destacker automatic stacking machine Baker resaw MS log corner machine  4 large capacity Nyles dehumidification kilns JCB 8000 lb forklifts woodmizer lt 15 and mp100 and blower

Dusty Rhodes

Well just got in from the weekly if not daily ritual.  Moving snow again.  Most snow we've seen in 20 years.  18" last week and another 5 or 6" today. Seem like its been that way all winter with very few thaws to bring the piles down.  Had to get out the loader again and move the piles back some more.  Had to weld up a repair on the plow for the 4 wheeler. Bent the ears where it attaches to the frame. (Think the Mrs hit something hard with it)  I hear the weather guessers are calling for warm temps and rain by the weekend.  That would be nice, lets hope its not too much rain, then it will be flooding I suppose:)  The firewood piles are hanging in there so not all doom and gloom.  Life is good!  Who mentioned fresh brook trout?  MMMM now I am really thinking spring. 

clww

Got home a little while ago and heard some frogs croaking from across the street from our house in the woods! :o Temps tomorrow are supposed to get near 70 degrees with a 70% chance of thunderstorms.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

curdog

Last week we were shoveling snow and today we were plowing fire in the mid seventies with humidity down in the teens. Gotta love this time of year. Had 8-10 inches last Wednesday and you would have never guessed it today.

thecfarm

curdog,extreme weather!!
I have about 4 inches. I just came in and shoveled the path for the dog. This way if we only get another 4 inches,I can let her out first thing in the morning. She does not like to wait. She can hear me outside and she wants to be out there too. Even with 8 inches of snow she would not mind it though. She will go through more than that to chase a squirrel.

SwampDonkey

Quote from: Escavader on February 18, 2014, 08:34:09 PM
it was not uncommon in the late 60 s early 70s for the town to plow big
storms with the grader ain't seen that for a while

Me too, with the blower on front. I bet if you went up to northern Maine, between Presque Isle and Caribou, they are going out in the farm fields to bust a hole in parallel to the road to cut down the wind blowing over the road, route 1 or 1A. ;D

SwampDonkey

Well  :D first storm in a long time that only requires the broom to dust off the steps. :D

chevytaHOE5674

Yesterday it actually hit 35° and was beautiful out. Calling for another day just like it today. Great working weather can get a lot of stuff done on days like that. 

Tomorrow winter storm watch for 8"+ of heavy wet snow and then back into the freezer for the next 10 days.....

Updated snowfall number is now 254".

SwampDonkey

Sun is shining here, and I'm heading to the shop to work on my chair build.  8) :)

Chuck White

30° here this morning!   8)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Peter Drouin

+25 with 12" of new snow. I think I'm plowing more than sawing. And the snow is at the top of the greenhouse walls. The next snow won't slide off now.
I'll don't want to get big John to dig it out, It's on top of a hill and you would be surprise how easy 22 ton will slide on snow and ice  :-\
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Thank You Sponsors!