iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Strange places to cut wood?

Started by MartyParsons, March 25, 2017, 09:36:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MartyParsons

Hello,
   Thought I would share this picture. Not every day you are asked to saw inside a parking garage.

Check out the size of the Walnut!  ::)

Here is another picture. Clearance says 8'

I was in Altoona, PA at the Blair County Convention Center.

Thanks
Marty

"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

Kbeitz

Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

WV Sawmiller

Marty,

I have to admit that one is real different. i think I saw in an old thread where someone sawed logs on top of multistory building somewhere. I think they had to lift the mill with a helicopter.

I thought the mast height was something like 8-1/2' on those mills. How much clearance did you actually have? My wife makes me get out and check when she drives her 2003 4wd Dodge P/U with her camper shell into one of those garages. I think hers tops out at around 6.5' but she is a nervous type about her truck.

Did you have any issues about ventilation in there? Did you just saw the one "huge" log?
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

newoodguy78

Hopefully they didn't charge you per space to park. :D

red

Must have been a Low Profile Log Truck to haul in that big log.
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

4x4American

Boy, back in my day..

Thank You Sponsors!