iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

lost and all alone

Started by splinters, October 09, 2002, 06:48:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

splinters

Hi Guys!!!!
Just in case anyone has been wondering about what ever happened to what's his name called himself splinters, the story involves loss of a computer, and a new Dell with to many bells and whistles. The learning curve has been uphill, and steep.Then MSN wasn't able to find the Forum. Thanks Jeff for the Email.  :) :) :)

Frank_Pender

Hey. Splinter, it is good you have begun your way out of the silocon forest. 8) 8) 8) 8)
Frank Pender

Jeff

Splinters!

We saved yer spot. Your home now. Warm up and tell us of your travels.

Hint, MSN don't know nada. Use www.google.com to find stuff.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Tom

Hey Splinters, glad you found your way back.  It's not over yet,   You have a lot of reading to do to catch up  Put on your hip boots.. :D

ElectricAl

Splinters,

We got burnt by AOL on Monday.

They basically forced us into an update of 7.0.  Linda was signing off and the update started, it took 2 hours. When it was done the "new" update had erased all the web addresses in our Favorites list.

WOW I was *pithed,    
good thing I know the officiAl swear word....................
DanG, DanG it, DanG ding dongs, DANG!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have been with AOL since 1995, give them clowns nearly $30 per month,  over $2300 bucks so far. Then they pull this crap. Called Customer service twice,
both guys said "sorry", "all gone".

Maybe AOL will let me up grade their Main Frame with 6 pounds of black powder.
{ 5oz. is enough to split a 30" Bur Oak }

ElectricAl
Linda and I custom saw NHLA Grade Lumber, do retail sales, and provide Kiln Services full time.

Jeff

Electric Al, I never reccomend AOL to anybody. Good time to get away from it. Did you know that AOL is responsible for some of those DanG pop up ads you see? I was at my sisters one time, a long time AOL user. I was showing her the forum. We get to the forum and a dang mini camera ad pops up. I am thinking WHAT THE HELL. I dont and wont ever use a pop up ad. Turns out, the AOL browser generated it. People just figure its the website.

Aol makes it easy to tell YOU how to use the internet. Now they are joined with netscape. Using netscape is like watching black and white t.v. Al RUN YOU ARE FREE RUN!!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Don P

Welcome back Splinters,
Been saving this early iron article link from a previous conversation if I saw you again, thought we had lost you.
http://iron.wlu.edu/anvil.htm

As for AOL, I'm on it here by lack of choice and it s%#ks...but its worlds better than JVLNET my original server here. I signed on for the six month term and after a week with their technicians and many lost hours never got on. I sent them a note after getting service with AOL explaining the change and the reasons...they billed me for six months anyway >:(. Have since found out through the local grapevine they have somewhat of a reputation for this >:(

Thank You Sponsors!