iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Offset pilot hole drill attachment

Started by DMcCoy, November 28, 2023, 03:33:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DMcCoy

I have no doubt some day when I'm gone my kids will cuss me for all the crap I keep around.  I need to drill some off set pilot holes in the vardo window frames.

Here is what I came up with.  I'm sure the guy who invented the stubby screwdriver has one of these somewhere in a drawer.

Should work.  Made dual ends for the drill attachment.
The downside is it would likely take a shaft for each drill size, but I only needed this one so far...

Ljohnsaw

Pretty good. This is a little more versatile.

I use it mostly on my impact to drive screws but occasionally to drill.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

rusticretreater

Both will work, but the big setup will provide perfectly horizontal holes with a minimum of fuss.  People will always try to build a better mousetrap!
Woodland Mills HM130 Max w/ Lap siding upgrade
Kubota BX25
Wicked Grapple, Wicked Toothbar
Homemade Log Arch
Big Tex 17' trailer with Log Arch
Warn Winches 8000lb and 4000lb
Husqvarna 562xp
2,000,000th Forestry Forum Post

21incher

Speaking of mouse traps, mine will drill or screw anywhere  ;D

Kids said they are just going to have a big auction when I go  :o.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

DMcCoy

I wasn't sure if those offset and right angle drills were shallow enough.  Town is over an hour round trip to go see.  I named my attachment George, after my uncle.  George and I drilled some holes yesterday.

My kids have informed me that they will be having an auction too. 

thecfarm

I hear that too.
But guess where they go when they need something.  ;)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!