iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sthil chainsaw bar replacement

Started by vmautino, June 17, 2015, 08:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vmautino

Hi, new member here. Thanks or the addition.

I live in a rural area and have frequent need for chain saws, of which I have three.

My question is my Sthil MS 180 C chainsaw has a 16 " bar. I would like to get a 14"  as well. However , local shops want $57 for chain and bar. Is there a listing somewhere  that I can get an Oregon Part number and buy. I see them advertised in the $35-$40 range, but none are listed for Sthils

Thanks in advance

Straightgrain

Give one of our sponsors a try; I had great service with chainsawr.

You'll have to run to the post office, they ship fast.....
"We fight for and against not men and things as they are, but for and against the caricatures we make of them". Joseph Schumpeter

dougand3

Husky: 372xt, 272xp, 61, 55 (x3)...Poulan: 315, 4218 (x3), 2375, 2150, 2055, 2000 (x3)...Stihl 011AVT...Homelite XL...Saws come in broken, get fixed or parted, find new homes

Dixon700

I've always ran stihl bars on my saws and mostly stihl chains. My stihl bars seemed to last an extremely long time before needing replacement so I have never tried an Oregon bar that I can remember. Are they just as good as a stihl bar?.  I've ran a few Oregon chains. I didn't care for them. They don't seem to hold an edge like stihl chains, they did file much easier though. This is just in my personal experience. If I ever need another bar I'll probably buy Oregon or forester or something because the price of a stihl roller tip bar is pretty pricey anymore.
Ms 460 mag 25" b/c muffler modded 010av  14" b/c
94 case 580sk 04.5 ram 2500

SawTroll

Are you looking for a .050 or .043 setup?
Information collector.

vmautino

Appreciate the website for the look up . Think I found the P/N on it

Thank You Sponsors!