iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

2100 bar

Started by husky2100, March 10, 2014, 09:43:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

husky2100

What would be the best bar for a 2100 husky.

sawguy21

What are you planning to do with it and how much are you willing to pack all day?
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

husky2100

Its my main felling saw.  I use it for firewood trees but im trying to get a job logging for some one once school is out so i want a bigger bar on than my 20 inch i got on it now.

sawguy21

A 20"? That saw is overkill for anything less than 36". :D Seriously, I hope you have some muscle on your frame. Not like this tall skinny kid at 17. That thing is a brute to start let alone pack around, unless you are into some massive trees it will be way more than you will likely need. It is also getting up in years, parts won't be available on short notice.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

husky2100

I got some good big hardwood trees on my land.  How did you know i was tall and skinny haha.  Yeah ive been runnin that little 20 inch on her when i got her in the spring.  But i got a running parts saw and my local dealer can still get parts for her.  I call her the boss and she runs like a top and she chooses what chains to run.( if she dont like one chain she'll break it)

Andyshine77

What size trees and what length bar do you want to run?

The 2100 is one of the better large saws ever made, but it is a big dude for firewood cutting. Make sure the drive sprocket is in good shape, an old sprocket will kill chains pretty quick.
Andre.

husky2100

I was thinking a 24-28 inch bar.  Thats mainly what i got for trees on my land and i got a knew rim sprocket coming in.

Thank You Sponsors!