iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Eclassic latest mailing

Started by stumper, August 16, 2010, 07:27:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stumper

Just recieved another mailing from CB.  It contained some laminated how to operate and cleam your boiler and a letter saying I should see my dealer for a cleaning rod and a wonder bar.  The picture show the cleaning rod but I have no idea what the wonder bar is.  The only wonder bar I have know of is a pry bar.  Anyone recieve their wonder bar and if so what is it?

MudBud

Yes I received the same mailing...SURPRISE!  It says contact your dealer for your two free items....One is pictured and the other is a guess!  I will contact my dealer to see what CB brought for Christmas. Its also a joke how they want you to daily run the bar down through the holes and the levels of ash or coals.  I think they should stand behind me and take notes! 

I have to replace my door gasket this year as last year I wasn't too kind to it.  I kept the door open, went to get wood and came back and the gasket melted away...won't do that again.

Also waiting for CB to replace the excellent plastic light cover with something more meltable and more quickly.  I think someone at one time made a glass type object for outdoor light bulbs!

ecrane99

Yes.  I recieved the packet and my dealer called to let me know about the free cleaning tools.   The wonder bar is actually a pry bar, but I think the intent is to scrape the creosote with it.   Page 3 describes how to use the cleaning rod to groom the ashbed.  

In the past, i was using a short flat shovel to acomplish the above, but I'm happy that CB is throwing us a few bones.  
Ed

doctorb

I also got the notice.  I find it kind of funny, in a way, that they sent us instructions on basically what we already had figured out.  If you read this thread over last winter, you could have printed those instructions by cut and paste.  The tool that I was using had a fairly long handle, like a broom's length.  It made it very hard to clean and scrape the front of the firebox and the two front most air intakes.  I noticed this at the end of the year cleanout.  Maybe this new gift will allow me to do a better job at the front of the stove.  By being diligent everywhere else, I had few issues and the furnace worked well.

Doctorb
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Dean186

I picked up Central Boilers custom cleaning rod and wonder bar from the dealer yesterday.  Last year I used their all metal hoe for cleaning the firebox and tending to the fire and found it worked well.   I believe the new cleaning rod should prove most useful and the wonder bar should help with the front firebox air channels. 

The wonder bar is Stanley's "pry bar".  The cleaning rod is custom made, probably by Central Boiler.

Tools appreciated – Thanks Central Boiler.

Dean

island

Due you think the wonder bar is to remove the fire bricks? Thats what I used it for.Went to the fair and saw that the E-Classic is totally redesigned,I hope Central Boiler doesn't forget about our 2300 units.Also was told no more regular OWB will be sold after 2012.

Dean186

The dealer told me the wonder bar was for cleaning the front air channels up close to the door where the long bar would have trouble maneuvering.  One could also clean the door ledge or whatever with it.  It is too short to clean much else while the OWB is in use.   

Maybe a guy could use it to pull a nail or two during the off season.   :)

jason1977

i never got the mailing for my free stuff. i got my e classic in the spring and my dealer has lost his dealer.

Thank You Sponsors!