iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Picked up my new to me 440 B

Started by RayMO, December 08, 2014, 09:43:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RayMO

Wish she was as good as the picture makes her look   

;D
Father & Son Logging and sawing operation .

treeslayer2003

well, whatsa matter wid her? looks good........

timberlinetree

Nice looking machine! 8) what does it have on the roof?
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

1270d

David-L

I remember when I logged with one, can't beat it for turning in the woodlot. It was my first skidder. Good luck and hope it works out well.

David l
In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

KyLogger

Good looking little outfit! What seems to be the trouble with her? Just like mine. Do they have their quirks? Yes............. are they limited in their pulling power? They ain't no 640 but they will surprise you. Are they easy to work on? Eh................... Can you get parts? Most of em.................sometimes............      Easy to operate, you can log in super ninja mode in the woods with one, got one heckuva motor in em. The only major trouble I have had out of mine was in the engine due to a bad valve adjustment job. Dropped a valve and lost a piston, liner and head. Other than that I work it everyday and average about 5-6mbdft a day with it. That's felling, yarding, bucking, and loading/hauling.
I only work old iron because I secretly have a love affair with my service truck!

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

HiTech

Very nice looking machine....good luck with it.

RayMO

It was a auction special for one thing. The blade takes about 5 min to raise or lower and lots of resistance on blade lever when activating it for both up and down . Think it is a bad valve . One turn cylinder was leaking like a sieve but got it switched out with one of my other machine and going to pull some wood today if all goes well.

Oh yea forgot it has a super heavy  ten foot plus wide blade off a much larger machine. I have a good spare blade to install but gotta make her earn a little cash first.
Fresh motor also am told. Purrs like a kitten! Anyway $7,000.00 and a 50 mile round trip and she is mine so am hoping for the best.
Father & Son Logging and sawing operation .

mad murdock

mebbe the blade is too heavy for the cylinders, if the cylinders are original eqip.?  looks very good in the pic!
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

lopet

If everything else works , 7k sounds like a pretty good deal to me. Heck, it even got a paint job.
Any certain reason why the front rubbers are mounted backwards ?
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

KyLogger

Good deal on it imo! On the blade valve I had similar trouble. Not 5 minutes but you had to play with it alot. Is the blade control valve lever centering itself? Mine was not and I found that it was missing a spring, snap ring and, washer that were in the cylinder on the motor side of the valve. Found all the parts but the snap ring in the gooey dirty mess under the steering assembly housing.... Just an idea. My steering cylinders pour as well. Repacked em, but the pistons are scarred. Whoever thought to put the battery box right above the chromed steering cylinders was a rocket scientist!

Good luck with her!
Tom
I only work old iron because I secretly have a love affair with my service truck!

KyLogger

I also wish I had a business fabbing side panels for the older 440's.....8 outta 10 you see (mine included) are missing the side panels. Would love to find a set.

Thank You Sponsors!