Andries

Bright and sunny with some wind.
-11F, wind chill is at -34 F.
Squeaky snow weather.
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

SwampDonkey

28F with freezing rain now. Plow truck with sand on the road.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

Maybe an inch of snow before it was light here, than a light rain all day. A mess, not warm enough to melt the snow. More ice to add to what is all ready there.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

thecfarm

Raining hot water, at 48°. That little bit of snow is going fast. But that warm temps is not suppose to last long. Seem odd at this time of night to be this warm. They said the temp would rise and it did. 
But when I get up at 5am it will be just about freezing again.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Got up to 40F here yesterday, now 35F with wind, it took all our snow off. We never had any depth to begin with. ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

36° it is. That wind was busy last night.

wisconsitom

0 degrees Fahrenheit here this morning.  Ground is getting crispy now!

Funny how similar, yet different it is as you go from our western Great Lakes region to the northeastern US and adjacent Canada.  So much colder here-we're accumulating snow from one storm to the next already.

I saw that moisture plume go up thru New England, New Brunswick, and so on.  Much more moisture than was captured by the system when it went thru here, but I'd rather have snow than mud.  Colder is better sometimes.

Of course, a warmup is on the horizon, so maybe we'll be mud too.
Ask me about hybrid larch!

SwampDonkey

Well it's stiffening up fast here @wisconsitom . We get too short of a warm spell to make much mud, or for more than a day or two. I see single digits coming on the radar down off Hudson's Bay in a hurry. :D

HemlockKing

Might get 20cm
Of snow Wednesday night
A1

SwampDonkey

Was 12F yesterday morning, only got up to 15F all day, we got about 12 snow flurries, nothing overnight. 10F this morning, overcast. Good morning for a walk to clean the cobwebs out. :D Rain coming Saturday. ::)

thecfarm

I have 14° and about 3 inches of snow on the ground. Took all day to get it too.

HemlockKing

Probably 12 inches snow here maybe 15" in drifty spots 
A1

wisconsitom

Couple inches can fall today in weak system.  Then, tomorrow and Sat. we can get heavy snow....or mix....or rain, depending on storm track.  Lows tracking near Chicago-land are what gives us snow.  This is going to be close.

Somebody's going to get the heavy stuff, probably to north where our land is.  But warmer next week they say.
Ask me about hybrid larch!

SwampDonkey

It has cleared since earlier here, full sunshine. Apparently in southern NB there is a blizzard going on. Hard to fathom considering NB isn't very big. :D That sure is a cold wind on the face this morning walking into it, but walking back is much nicer with no bare face to get bit by wind. :D

Been noticing more this winter, feeding the wood fire at night around 9:00 pm with aspen firewood leaves coals still there by 5:00 am in the morning. 

Old Greenhorn

Well we got a little snow last night and everything is white this morning, but that's all, just white. Barely 1/2". 28° when I got up which is about the low for the day so far and only going into the mid 30's at best today. Tomorrow looking to get into the 40's. So I'll bang through some odd chores today and maybe plan on milling tomorrow a little bit. My age and the cold are coming into conflict more and more often as years go by. ;D
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

HemlockKing

A1

Andries

Yup, that looks like 5 pm around here too.
My daughter is in Rankin Inlet for a work related trip, she said that the sun sets at 2:30 pm. 
Headlamps are popular!  😁
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

HemlockKing

That was a 5 am picture but the 5PM looks the same lol 
A1

SwampDonkey

Meanwhile in the blindingly sunny north. ;D

The field in the foreground is where Canada ends. ;D

HemlockKing

Didn’t realize you were that close to the border, ever see any border jumpin muricans ???

Weird to have more snow in NS than NB, people from here usually make trips to NB with their skidoos because hardly enough here over winter
A1

SwampDonkey

Rarely get a bare winter here, but I remember one in 1980 and one in 2006, so probably won't see another for about 10 years. ;D

SwampDonkey

1950's at the outlet of Serpentine Lake dam, grandfather cleaning the camp roofs off. Pretty much as far from any house in any direction you can get in NB. :D

SwampDonkey

The Gaspe in Quebec use to be bad for snow. They made tunnels to get out of the house and put planking on the top of the snow, so all you did was make sure the house roof was cleaned off.

thecfarm

Just came in from working outside in 20° temps. Temp I really don't mind,but getting dark at 4:30 pm is hard to take.
Wife had a tick on her a few nights ago. She just knew it was my fault that I brought it into the house.  :-*

SwampDonkey

We're down into the single digits here this morning, stars out. 8F here. -10F in Edmonston, NB. fire_smiley

Thank You Sponsors!