iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Survivor 41

Started by Raider Bill, September 22, 2021, 08:02:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raider Bill

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

21incher

After  40 seasons  of watching  it we turned it off halfway through. Going too woke and time to walk away. 
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Jeff

I missed it, but that review was enough for me. Don't got enough time left to waste it being disgusted. 
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

WinonaRail

I watched the whole thing and agree with the review. Not sure if I'll bother with the whole season.

btulloh

Yes it is.  Watched the whole thing.  I'll give it one more try, but so far it's not working for me/
HM126

Tom King

We'll catch up with it by streaming, cutting out commercials.  I watched the first part, through the point where they started the first scramble for paddles-will wait for Pam to watch together.  At the very least, I'm glad to finally quit seeing people who have been there before, and all new people.  Not a very fit looking bunch, to start with.  I expect it will get better as the weaker half, or so, of them get voted off.

nybhh

I never really watched the show but one of my wife's good friends is a cast member on s42 which filmed this past summer.  When we found out she was selected, we watched a few of the "best of" seasons.  She's one of the sweetest people I've ever met so I'm excited but also oddly nervous to watch her season which starts in late winter.  Its going to be so weird. She's been trying to get on the show for about 15-years I think.
Woodmizer LT15, Kubota L3800, Stihl MS261 & 40 acres of ticks trees.

Magicman

We have always looked forward to and watched every episode.  This one left both of us scratching our heads and wondering why??  smiley_headscratch  To put it mildly, this one was confusing and  disappointing.

Of course the filming is over so it will be interesting to see how the reviews affect future shows. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

firefighter ontheside

I was interested in the first few seasons, but not after that.  I'm the kind of guy who would rather watch a boring show about folks surviving on an island with absolutely no drama.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Tom King

I had some time to kill this morning, so watched it.  It was nice streaming it, with no commercials.  I also fast forwarded through most of the individual talking to the camera scenes.

At first, I thought they had given an intelligence, and physical co-ordination entry test, and taken the ones that finished at the bottom.  As it went on later, after the boat paddling, it seemed more like fairly normal Survivor faire.  I never understood why contestants don't learn how to operate a paddle before they go on this show.  Only one had practiced building a fire.

They have introduced some gambling elements, but I'm not sure that will make much difference overall.  It didn't in the first show, but did make the possibilities in the plot more to think about.

The rest seemed like pretty normal Survivor stuff.  The tribe that was last at Tribal Council seems pretty hopeless.

I'll probably watch the next episode like I did this one, if I have some time to kill.  I don't see one player strong enough to bet any money on.  My friends have tried to get me to apply for years, but I'm glad I'm not in this one.

Magicman

We watched last night's episode and saw the normal early season paranoid reactions and votes.  I may not be agreeing with nor understanding the new twists in this series but it's still more entertaining than whatever else.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Sixacresand

I don't watch it or big brother.  
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Raider Bill

I'm still trying to figure out how that flight attendant guys husband is home pregnant with their child. 

Also, I'd have booted that woman that cost them the challenge or the kid with the advantage and kept the doc. 
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

HemlockKing

Sopranos is good enough for me
A1

Tom King

I watched the second one.  There are some smarter people playing than I gave credit for to start with. I think it will get better.

I'd still get rid of the weak ones in challenges first, though, to keep the largest tribe possible going into a merge.

Magicman

Yes, they are cutting their own throats getting rid of the physically strong.

Cedarman

Will miss the next two episodes and will have to catch up after our UTAH trip.
I think I can see some head on collisions coming in the future.
They should be fun to watch.
The three women that want to vote the men off because they are men, have not gotten the memo that that is sexist. Love the hippocracy.  Wrong reason to vote someone off.
Juggle chainsaws anyone!!!
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Magicman

We watched another contestant outsmart himself and earn a ticket home.  Of course that team is doomed because they decided to vote their strength off during the first tribal.  ::)

With only 3 left in that tribe there will probably be some restructuring during the next episode.  

Ron Wenrich

If I recall, I remember one series in Guatemala that allowed one of the tribes to snuff themselves.  That was when they only had 2 tribes, and when it got down to 1 person, they "merged". 

I miss Russel Hantz.  There hasn't been anyone like him for a long time. 
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Magicman

We watched the last episode and I can understand the lack of excitement about this latest series.  I realize they are probably trying to build suspense but it ain't really working but we will continue to watch.  Not too much else on the tube.

Cedarman

What good have the "idols" been to the people that found them.  Seems to make it a game of chance.  I ain't happy.

dougtrr2

I think in their efforts to make it "harder" they have just made it more complicated without adding any real value.  I am finding it hard to keep track of all the "rules" with the idols and advantages.  

There was one season where they had an immunity idol that could be played after the vote.  It never got used, but I thought that would make an excellent addition to the game.

Doug in SW IA

Cedarman

More twists and turns than a mountain highway last night.  Several good plans got busted.  More wheeling and dealing than you see in a car lot. I thought it was a good show.  Immunity challenge was made for people with skinny feet.  A little unfair to the big guys.

Chuck White

I was hoping they'd vote the one with the 2 pigtail braids hanging in her face out!

Just never thought she was worthy of keeping on the team!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Tom King

I gave up on this season of Survivor, but I'm sure glad Season 4 of Yellowstone is out!!!  Writing has gotten better, if anything.

Thank You Sponsors!