iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wood-Mizer fuel jug o-ring size.

Started by Dave Shepard, November 23, 2023, 02:38:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Shepard

All three of my WM jugs are leaking at the plastic quick connector. Does anyone know the diameter and thickness of the o-ring in the female side of the connector? Thanks. These are diesel tanks, but I'm pretty sure it's the same connector as the gas tanks.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Chuck White

Back when I was still sawing, I had that problem once in a while, and got tired of just buying new connectors so I took the worn o-ring to the local John Deere shop and they matched it up with one that they had in stock.
The cost was only a couple of cents each, so I left with a dozen of them and an o-ring tool/hook!
I posted on here, but I just can't seem to find it, but if you do the post does include the size!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

That quick connector is probably for marine use and they are relatively cheap.  Mine had fallen victim of the sun's UV and snapped in two.  It was only a few $$ from Walmart. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: Chuck White on November 24, 2023, 08:11:17 AM
Back when I was still sawing, I had that problem once in a while, and got tired of just buying new connectors so I took the worn o-ring to the local John Deere shop and they matched it up with one that they had in stock.
The cost was only a couple of cents each, so I left with a dozen of them and an o-ring tool/hook!
I posted on here, but I just can't seem to find it, but if you do the post does include the size!
I think THIS IS THE THREAD Chuck. I don't have a dog in this fight, but someday I might, so I looked it up. There is also another thread, but I didn't see any part numbers in that one.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Chuck White

Yup, that's the one Tom.

I thought I had posted the size or the John Deere part number!

Go to the JD shop and they should have a size that matches.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Dave Shepard

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Peter Drouin

I didn't know. My jug has never been off the mill.
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Sixacresand

My quick connect failed due to the oring,  began sucking air, causing the engine to run badly. After I found the problem, I replaced the quick connect with a king nipple and hose clamp.  I bought a o ring assortment, but none would work.  
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Thank You Sponsors!