iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

ASV RC50

Started by Biboohra, May 21, 2024, 08:14:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biboohra

Howdy All

New member here from Australia hoping to get some wisdom on RC50 hydraulics.  My RC50 is noticeably quicker and turn better in reverse than in forward.  Still functions fine but noticeable.  My first thoughts are a faulty joystick but would appreciate any suggestions.  Figured I could test the joystick by reversing the hoses temporarily and see if that makes reverse slower.  Does anybody know which hoses need to be changed at the joystick.  Have also considered one of the 4 relief vales but not sure which one to check.  Also figure pilot pressure is fine given reverse performance.

Appreciate any thoughts before I start replacing things needlessly.

Thanks

fluidpowerpro

Does it still track straight in both directions?
Change is hard....
Especially when a jar full of it falls off the top shelf and hits your head!

Biboohra

Howdy  fluidpowerpro

Yes tracks straight both directions.  Most noticeable at lower engine RPM's.  At low RPM's when turning going forward there is slight noise suggestive of a relief valve dumping.

fluidpowerpro

If it tracks straight it's something that affects both sides of the drive equally so I would look at the pilot circuit to the joysticks. In order to troubleshoot best you will want some test gauges to plumb in. 
Verify pilot pressure to the joystick is what it should be.
Verify pilot signal to the pumps is what it should be. 
Often times there is a pilot pressure control manifold between the pumps and joysticks. There is likely a pressure reducing valve in that manifold. Maybe that is what's making the noise.
Do you have a hydraulic schematic that you can share?
Change is hard....

fluidpowerpro

Also if your hearing the noise while trying to turn, one side of the drive is at higher pressure when doing that. If one of the HP reliefs is opening at that time that could be an issue. Does it make the noise while turning in only one direction or both?
Change is hard....

Biboohra

Thanks fluidpowerpro.  Good advice.  No don't have a schematic despite lots of looking.  Will check pilot pressure and the joystick and report back.  Good question about noise turning one way or both.  It definitely does it both ways but think its more noticable to right so will check that as well.

Thanks for your help.  Greatly appreciate.

Ta

Thank You Sponsors!