iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hunting in New Zealand

Started by KiwiTimber, August 25, 2012, 05:27:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KiwiTimber

Hi Guys,

Im a hunting guide over here in NZ. Anyone ever been? We dont have the range of big game you guys have in Canada and USA but we do have 7 species of deer, Himalayan Tahr and Chamois. Scenery in our back country is awesome. Never hunted your side of the world but its on the cards for the future. 

Okrafarmer

Sounds like fun! I assume all those deer species were introduced there? What other game do you have, any pigs, or game birds, stuff like that? I'll bet a hunt in NZ would be a lifetime experience. Do you have any pictures to share?
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

KiwiTimber

I have afew pictures of the hunting country in Galleries under 'KiwiTimber'. Yes, all the deer species are introduced and have thrived here. We have the following game animals;
Sika Deer, Red Deer, Fallow Deer, Elk, Whitetail Deer, Sambar Deer and Rusa Deer, Himalayan Tahr, Chamois, Wild Pigs, Goats, Wallabys, Ducks, Pheasants, Quail, Canadian Geese and world class trout fishing. Our saltwater fishing is also spectacular from marlin to the venerable yellowtail kingfish. The backcountry is magic and Its worth the visit just to experience the beauty of it and our unique style of Kiwi bush traditions. Alot of people I take bush do it more for the cultural/scenic experience than for the actual hunting.

Okrafarmer

Well, if I ever manage to come I will keep that in mind!
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Ianab

QuoteAlot of people I take bush do it more for the cultural/scenic experience than for the actual hunting.

For the overseas guys, this is called Tramping, not to be confused with hobos and living in cardboad boxes.  :D

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Okrafarmer

Quote from: Ianab on August 26, 2012, 02:56:25 AM
QuoteAlot of people I take bush do it more for the cultural/scenic experience than for the actual hunting.

For the overseas guys, this is called Tramping, not to be confused with hobos and living in cardboad boxes.  :D

Ian
:D :D :D :D

Thank You Sponsors!