woodland mill owners

Started by djbun5, April 07, 2013, 08:49:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

djbun5

hi im looking for anyone within reasonable distance to demonstrate their mill. im in norther new hampshire and have begun the sawmill search. would be very thankful and might buy lunch! thanks

thecfarm

djbun5,welcome to the forum. Ever been around a mill before?
I know this is a long ways off for you, Bangor,ME,
https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,62949.0.html
At the show will be alot of mills in use. It's a great day. Takes me just about all day to go through the whole thing.  All sorts of logging,sawing,splitter stuff to look at.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

djbun5

thecfarm, thanks for the reply.  yes i am considering going to bangor. years ago i use to work in the woods. loved it. did own a lt-40 back in 1996, but got hurt and wm was gracious and took the mill back. right now im looking forward to retirement from the postal service,but not from working. :D

thecfarm

Did you register on line? get in free and no line. I think pre registration is only until the 20 or 25???
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

woodlandmillguy27

If your still looking at the woodland mill I'm an hour south of Boston.

Billbob

Wish I knew that two weeks ago Woodlandmillguy27!  I was in Springfield for the weekend.  My wife and I went down for their annual equine affair.  I could have dropped by and had you show me the 'do's and don'ts' of the Woodland.

Bill
Woodland Hm126 sawmill, LS 72hp tractor with FEL, homemade log winch, 8ft pulp trailer, Husqvarna 50, Husqvarna 353, homemade wood splitter, 12ft dump trailer, Polaris Sportsman 500 with ATV dump trailer