iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

1" or 1 1/4" blades and cooks roller guides

Started by rbarshaw, February 14, 2005, 09:55:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rbarshaw

:P Would there be any problems using a 1 1/4" band blade on 1" Cooks roller guides? :P
Been doing so much with so little for so long I can now do anything with nothing, except help from y'all!
By the way rbarshaw is short for Robert Barshaw.
My Second Mill Is Shopbuilt 64HP,37" wheels, still a work in progress.

D._Frederick

Rbar-,

If you are buying roller guides, buy the largest one that will fit your mill or your pocket book. The smaller the diameter, the faster the roller will turn and the shorter the bearing life will be.

To answer your question, the 1 inch diameter bearing will work with your 1 1/4 blade.

slowzuki

D I think he's talking shoulder depth on the guide roller.  I think you might have more wave problems with 1 1/4 on a 1 guide, there is more blade body overhanging the guide for knots and hards spots to get leverage on.

leweee

Remember the guide rides only on the body of the blade ....not the tooth part. (because of the tooth set) ;D
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

rbarshaw

Quote from: slowzuki on February 15, 2005, 08:46:21 AM
D I think he's talking shoulder depth on the guide roller.  I think you might have more wave problems with 1 1/4 on a 1 guide, there is more blade body overhanging the guide for knots and hards spots to get leverage on.
This is the case I'm looking at, I guess I'll find out since I just ordered 10 of these Monck's blades. I was just wondering if anyone had tried this before. I wanted to try a thicker blade .041 vice .035 and could only find them in the 1 1/4" blade.
Been doing so much with so little for so long I can now do anything with nothing, except help from y'all!

Fla._Deadheader

rbarshaw, I wood betcha that you have better luck sawing with them Munks, so, just go slow at first, THEN ya can start runnin.  ;D ;D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

rbarshaw

Quote from: Fla._Deadheader on February 16, 2005, 07:28:07 AM

rbarshaw, I wood betcha that you have better luck sawing with them Munks, so, just go slow at first, THEN ya can start runnin.  ;D ;D
Thanx I've already used them in the 1" varity,  8) and just can't imagine why anyone would want to use anything else. ;D By the way, I ordered them from Menominee Saw.  ;)

Thank You Sponsors!