Sponsors:

Our projects

Started by biziedizie, September 09, 2003, 08:27:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

biziedizie

Some pics of what I do.

Steve

RavioliKid

Apicture may be worth a thousand words, but a few captions would help me understand the pictures.

WHAT do you do?

???
RavioliKid

biziedizie

That's a pic of the finished table. Those things on the table are driftwood trees but you can't see the detail of them as I can't post a full pic. The last pic is a slab that had a vine growing around it, I have 8 of them and I finish them with a varnish. The last one sold for $600.00.

Steve

RavioliKid

The slabs are beautiful!

Thanks for telling me what the driftwood trees are. I thought they might have been beef jerky.
 ;)

So, what do people do with slabs that have vines growing around them? Do they just display them as curiosities or do they make things out of them?

RavioliKid

biziedizie

Rav I can send you a better pic of the driftwood trees if ya want, they look really cool and people buy these things and pay me money for stuff that I find on the beach ::)

The slabs with the vines on them will hang on the interior side of a front door or they hang them on a wall. The slabs in my mind were firewood but when I saw one of them in a house hanging on the wall I soon realized that it was art :)

The cedar slab that'a table I really like and I have lots of them that are dry, gonna finish them this winter. Had a couple offer me just over a grand for the one that you see in the pic 8)

Speaking of beef jerky what's for breakfast??? ;D

Steve

Patty

Wow your work is beautiful. Extra bonus when it pays so well. ;D

I love the cedar slabs...I've got some similar made from walnut that I've finished. What do you use for bases, or do you just sell the slabs as they are? How thick are they?
 So many questions...I'm still learning, obviously.
I was with Rav on the jerky laying there in the first pic. Are they like tiny little driftwood trees, or just pieces of driftwood? I don't get to the beach much, I guess.  ::)
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

shopteacher

Great looking stuff Biz.  What kind of finish are you using?  Where can I find some of them people with the big money wad?  :D
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

biziedizie

Thanks Patty :)  Hey I would like to see the walnut slabs that you have, we don't get much of that here and it would be cool to see a pic :)
  With this slab the base was tree trunks, I have others that have metal bases.
  The driftwood trees are made out of little pieces of driftwood that we find on the beach, hot glue them together and varnish them 8) Will post some better pics of them when I get a min to myself.

Shopteacher I used urathene on the table and it seems to put up with the sun 8) I tried three diff types of products and sanded the table three diff times before I applied this product. Fla told me about Captains varnish and I ordered it a long time ago and if it ever comes in I will try that.

Steve

Thank You Sponsors!