iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pole Harvest

Started by Bob Smalser, September 02, 2010, 02:45:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Smalser

A load of poles photographed in the coastal town of Aberdeen, Washington, ca 1935.  They are headed for a log dump on Gray's Harbor to be used as pilings.

From the scapbook of retired log truck driver Vern Christopher in Camp Union, Washington.  I believe the trail driver was Vern's father.
Bob

sandhills

Thats some picure, don't think I'd want to be in either of those trucks though, but it is amazing!  Spose dot would still let you get away with that? :D

paul case

the first thing that comes to my mind is what trooper would stop them? kinda like stopping a guy on a moped!pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Magicman

That's what I call using what you have to do what you gotta do.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Cedarman

If they got to going a little fast and those puppies got to bouncing!!! :D :D :D
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

sandhills

I've moved a few center pivot irrigation sections that way, not near the weight but they do bounce and man that's a scary feeling just ridin' along in the back truck :o :o

Thank You Sponsors!