iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Finally sawing some older timber in my log yard

Started by 123maxbars, August 23, 2015, 10:58:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

123maxbars

Finally got to saw a bunch of older logs I had in my log yard.

First pic is a three foot long slab of some nice Maple. This crotch log was dropped off at my mill by a local tree service.

Second pic is my result of a few hours of milling. The pile consist of Qty sawn red/white oak, black walnut, maple and some cedar. All are sawn at 9/4 except the oak on the bottom which is 5/4

https://forestryforum.com/gallery/albums/userpics/25380/IMG_1703.JPG 

Sawyer/Woodworker/Timber Harvester
Woodmizer LT70 Super Wide, Nyle L53 and 200 kiln, too many other machines to list.
outofthewoods
Youtube page
Out of the

drobertson

Looks good, and I do this from time to time, and it still amazes me how the wood, in most cases is classic.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

123maxbars

Also to note the bottom of the pile shows some black stain on the white oak, had to dig a nail out  :embarassed:
Sawyer/Woodworker/Timber Harvester
Woodmizer LT70 Super Wide, Nyle L53 and 200 kiln, too many other machines to list.
outofthewoods
Youtube page
Out of the

bkaimwood

That's some awesome maple...love maple, just like a fine wine, it gets better with age!!!
bk

WDH

Sometimes those old logs will produce results that are unique.  Some customers want unique. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

dboyt

That reminds me... I've got a pile of oddball logs accumulating.  Thanks for posting!
Norwood MX34 Pro portable sawmill, 8N Ford, Lewis Winch

rooster 58

Thank You Sponsors!