iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My pet albino frog

Started by Larry, May 05, 2004, 06:40:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larry

Never seen a frog quite this color and I haven't been dumping any nuclear waste lately. ;D

Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Furby

It's a tree frog! Look at it's feet. Thier colors change a little based on what they are sitting on. We get tham by the pools all the time. It's really cool to listen to them in the evening.

Rocky_J

He looks pithed! Are you sure he's a pet? Or maybe a prisoner?
I saw a huge frog Thursday, was blowing off the pool deck after removing a pine tree nearby and this huge frog jumped out of the bushes and into the pool! He swam down and sat on the bottom, didn't want to come up until I was long gone. He had legs the size of chicken legs!
 :)

Larry

Furby is right about it being a tree frog according to the resident frog expert in the house. :D :D  

I'm sure Rocky's frog is one of the eating varieties.  Only 52 days until frog season opens in Missouri. ;D
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

Kevin

That thing looks more like a toad than a frog to me.

Furby

You can call them what ever you like, as far as I'm concerned, they are just plain cool!
My mom and some of my brothers went out at night a few years back and caught some. The frogs were singing a way, so my mom thought it would be cool to have some inside.
Well the whole time they were inside they never made a sound. I told them that they had bothered them at an inappropiate time and they were mad, know what I mean ???  ;D

Tom

Larry

Frog season is a international event in the Midwest.  8 frog limit with 16 procession limit.  Grab em, stab em, or shoot em under the spotlight.  Feast for a king and by the way we don't need any of those grits to spice up the meal. ;D ;D

Tom

I wonder if we have a season. I don't know anybody that has ever said we did.   Better look. :P

Whew!

Fl. Fish and Game Commisions says:
Frogs: May be taken day or night throughout the year by hand, gig, club, blowgun and hook and line, or during daylight hours only, by shooting. No license is required to take frogs for noncommercial purposes. A Commercial Fishing License is required to take frogs for commercial purposes. Frog species classified as threatened or endangered may not be taken or possessed.

Fla._Deadheader

We have a "Froglegs Festival" in Fellsmere, every Feb. Over 50,000 people attend the 2 day affair. Takes a HEAP -o-frogs to supply the meals.  They have "Swamp Cabbage", too. mmmmmmmm
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

etat

Ain't there such a thing as a hallucinogenic frog!!!  Or one that secrets fluid that makes you hallucinate.
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

CHARLIE

The tree frogs I remember seeing in Florida when I was a boy were tiny little skinny green frogs with big web feet that had long toes that could grip the trees.

Back in the late 50's, my father-in-law was out gigging frogs at night. They'd be in an airboat speeding along flipping them into the boat as they went past them. Well a gator' eyes shine too and they flipped a 2 footer into their boat. They threw him into a wash tub.  When he got home he set the washtub with the gator on the screen porch. When they got up the next day, the gator was gone.  Somehow it had gotten out of the tub and went out the screen door.  He told his daughters not to say a word about it to anyone. A few days later,  the neighbor mentioned that all the ducks had disappeared out of his pond. ;D
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Thank You Sponsors!