iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Southern Ireland- Corned beef 'n Collards

Started by scgargoyle, March 16, 2013, 05:04:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scgargoyle

Tomorrow being St. Patrick's Day and all, I like to cook up some corned beef. I just happen to have the last of the collards to cook up, so- why not? Corned Beef 'n Collards. Now all I need is some g--ts.........
I hope my ship comes in before the dock rots!

thecfarm

Might just as well add the g...ts. One more thing I won't eat.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

coxy

corn beef  bla  it should be out lawed :D  just my 10 cents      happy st pattys day to all 

Mooseherder

I love Corned Beef.  It is one of my favorite meals.
Hot Corned Beef on Rye. :)
I'm cooking 2 of them tomorrow.

scgargoyle

I don't know why, but my home-grown collards are the mildest, sweetest I've ever had. One, because its been a cool winter, which is supposed to improve flavor, and secondly, I never got any big leaves because the rabbits ate them all. Maybe I've invented a new fancy veggie- micro-collards! I wonder how they'd go along with rabbit......
I hope my ship comes in before the dock rots!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: scgargoyle on March 17, 2013, 07:02:08 AM
I don't know why, but my home-grown collards are the mildest, sweetest I've ever had. One, because its been a cool winter, which is supposed to improve flavor, and secondly, I never got any big leaves because the rabbits ate them all. Maybe I've invented a new fancy veggie- micro-collards! I wonder how they'd go along with rabbit......

food6 food6 food6 food6 food6
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

sawguy21

I like good corned beef, just don't give me the canned stuff. Never tried collards.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Norm

Nothing like smoked ham hocks with fresh collard greens. I plant mine in the late summer so they mature in cooler weather.

Thank You Sponsors!