iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New tractor in the barn

Started by Weekend_Sawyer, December 15, 2020, 05:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weekend_Sawyer

Repurpose, reuse, recycle.

I got this from a buddy. It's the basket off an old man lift.
It sat in the woods for a while and has some rust through but overall it's exactly what I need. I've been seeing advertisements for a 3 point tool carrier but it cost's well over a grand! So when I was helping my buddy clean up around his father's place and tripped over the basket the bells went off. I have been using it for about 2 weeks and I like it a lot.

Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

samandothers

Nebraska

I like that tool hauler.  I need to make one myself.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

maple flats

Did that tractor come off the Jimmy Carter farm?
On my 36 HP tractor I have nothing in the tires (except air) but I have a rear ballast box that I use as needed, it weighs about 2000# with the stone I have in it. With filled tires just be careful driving over small stumps, the liquid ballast has no give and thus a puncture is possible.
I bought my ballast box from a farmer who said he was taking it to auction, I offered him $75 and he accepted. It's about 3' wide, 2' front to back and 3.5' high, it's filled with some rocks and then crushed stone which filled the gaps. I tend to prefer a weight box, because it is behind the rear axle and thus takes some of the weight off the front axle.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

Sedgehammer

Quote from: Weekend_Sawyer on February 02, 2021, 02:00:21 PM
A couple of weekends ago I loaded the front and rear tires on Mr. Peanut.
I also loaded my neighbor's tires. It was only fair, as he went in on the cost.
We used Bio Ballast it's like beet juice and they wont say what it's made of but while we were putting it in it smelled a LOT like syrup. It's good to -35F, weighs 9.65lb per gallon and cost $2 per gallon. The nearest rim guard dealer wanted $5 per gallon.

The worst thing about it is its a sticky mess but cleans up easy with water so that's not too bad.

Here's a short video of us loading my tires.

Loading tractor tires with ballast. - YouTube
Nice buy!
Bio Ballest is a by product of the bio-fuel industry. They also make a tire sealant that's good up to a 1/4. It can be mixed in with the bio ballest
Necessity is the engine of drive

Thank You Sponsors!