iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timbermen Leadership Workshops

Started by Roselie, February 23, 2001, 12:29:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roselie

The following is information pulled from the Michigan Association of Timbermen's Timber Talk Newsletter.  Anyone is welcome to sign up for these workshops.  If you're interested, just send me a message and I'll email you a registration form.

This year, Michigan Association of Timbermen is proud to offer two Leadership Workshops.  A repeat of the successful "Developing Tomorrow's Leaders Today," and the newly developed "Basics of Grass Roots Leadership."

The registration fee for each workshop is $140.00 and includes lunch, a continental breakfast and materials.  Room reservations at Treetops resort in Gaylord are made on your own and are $75.00 for standard or double rooms.  (Reservations made after February 25 are subject to availability.)
These workshops offer members, staff and family members an opportunity to network with peers while learning valuable information about current forestry issues and how to spread the good message of sustainable forestry to the public sector, media and government officials.  

Leadership Workshop I, March 27-28
 Treetops Resort, Gaylord

"Developing Tomorrow's Leaders Today" is a repeat of last's year's successful workshop.  Participants will be involved in mock interviews by members of the media and roundtable discussion groups on topics such as working with governmental leaders, issues facing forestry and how to find notable sources of essential information and opinions.

Leadership Workshop II, March 29-30
Treetops Resort, Gaylord

Our second workshop entitled "The Basics of Grass Roots Leadership" will prepare participants with tools and real-life experience on how to influence others to join their cause and present a solution to approaching others with the forestry message.
Participants will learn the basics of member recruitment, meeting facilitation, policy development, message delivery and how to stay informed.
We encourage previous Leadership Workshop participants to register for this workshop, but remind others that the first workshop is not a prerequisite to attend this workshop.  Choose whichever workshop works with your schedule, or split the two workshops between staff members and have them share their insights with each other afterwards.

For more information call Roselie at 888-875-5032.

Jeff

I read the brochure and the details on the workshops above, and they really sparked my interest. I hope to find a way to attend workshop2. Below are the details of each work shop.

Leadership Workshop I
Developing Tomorrow's Leaders Today

Tell Your Story

The Michigan Association of Timbermen has developed this leadership training workshop, the first in a series, to help you, a key employee, or member of your family to become a more effective leader for your company.  This practical training is designed to allow you to be more comfortable and effective in working with the media, governmental officials and others who influence YOUR FUTURE.

Be Interviewed by a Professional
[/b]

You will be interviewed by experienced media professionals in a realistic setting giving you the experience you need to be confident in future interviews. Participants will receive a friendly critique after each interview.

Become an Effective Leader

This leadership workshop is designed to produce leaders who can be active members of the grassroots network representing Michigan forest communities.  Your time at Treetops will be action oriented with opportunities to learn and be involved in stimulating conversations.  You will get to know your fellow grassroots leaders and learn background information on current issues that affect the timber supply to your company

Leadership Workshop II
Basics of Grass Roots Leadership

The primary objective of the second workshop is to hone your leadership skills in grass roots and policy development as well as meeting management and parliamentary procedure.

Objective
There are two objectives for the Leadership Workshop II.
     Objective1:  By the conclusion of the workshop, your first objective is to be the group with the greatest number of members.
     Objective2:  Successfully bring to, debate and adopt a policy from committee. Committee meetings will be judged.

Format

Participants will be divided up into equal groups and given a project. Each session will build upon the previous session. For several minutes between segments, groups will have the opportunity to "mingle" with other groups. During the "mingle", participants are urged to persuade members of other groups to join theirs by demonstrating their superior talent, ideas or rational on why they think they will win the competition.
During the evening, groups are urged to meet and develop their ideas on their presentations upon conclusion of the guest speaker.
Participants will also learn how to stay informed and avenues they can use to network with each other on current issues.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Thank You Sponsors!